Piper Jet (PA47)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
ok. how do I adjust it for foamboard, and what scale should I make it? also, this is offtopic for this thread, btu how did you k=make your seabee retracts. I have an extra servo and want to make some retracts on a seabee I made. also, how do you make it stable in water/waterpproof it

leaded50

Legendary member
ok. how do I adjust it for foamboard, and what scale should I make it? also, this is offtopic for this thread, btu how did you k=make your seabee retracts. I have an extra servo and want to make some retracts on a seabee I made. also, how do you make it stable in water/waterpproof it
What scale needs be up to you... To adjust for foamboard is different threads at forum showed a bit about. This plans is made for .30mm paper, foamboard of 5mm needs eg smaller formers/internals, and some sections need be fitted at place, not possible make at plan for me now. .Some of the fuselage skins can need get longer circumference, eg.
First of all, some builds by "FT Master-build style" is a guide that would help a lot on the way. Rest is creativity, Make the easisest things as here the rounded mid section, with two formers first. Then set a batterybox,eg. and then start with the rest of sections, adjusted to fit the midsection.

This thread, will also give some help on the way: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/my-way-of-scratchbuilding-from-ground-up.65375/

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
how about, how did you make the seabee retracts
thats used one servoless electric retract, and wire bended to the wheels. And used the part of a "pop-nail" as a sleeve throug fuselage skin. It is a movieclip/picture there who shows how its made.