Lockheed L-133 Starjet, could been Americas first jet...

leaded50

Legendary member
then iot really begings to look as a plane... the wing filets are ready around the "wingboxes" to fuselage, and the tailfin is in place. aaaand changed the rear to look better, and more original, though its bigger exhaust ports to fit the edf outlets.
DSC_0357 (1).JPG

skymaster

Elite member
coming along very nicely . was going to suggest the you use the design of the blackbirds fuselage that way the air can pick up the nose without canards just an idea.

Attachments

• immagini.4ever.eu-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-155931.jpg
    immagini.4ever.eu-lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-155931.jpg
    921.6 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
coming along very nicely . was going to suggest the you use the design of the blackbirds fuselage that way the air can pick up the nose without canards just an idea.
never :D, the canards style , and total futuristic blended design is was intruges me by this plane.. perhaps i would do some changes later after some tests/flights., but i rather want to enjoy this design fly from 1938-39, than a altered modern styled (buildt by much of design ideas from this) jet, as the Blackbird.

This "duck"-style is proven by birds fly, and by a lot of planes also by same "duck"-princip.

leaded50

Legendary member
What is the present weight?
fuselage 470g, + wings & canards 240g approx. (without any electronics/servos, eg.

sorry fuselage as at pictures.570g !!!
I suppose total as thought before started building, will be around 1100-1200g, since in this size.

Last edited:

L Edge

Master member
What is the wing loading oz/ft2?(ready to fly)
If you are in the midrange of 20's, would think about forgetting landing gear for maiden to see how it flies first.

Have you tried to do any designs based on future rather than past?

leaded50

Legendary member
wow thats a big and cool plane
i felt it needed be so big, to get the space for EDF´s, if smaller, needed make "humps" in fuselage...i can "press in" 70mm , but 64mm fits better with the "exhaust ports". I have motors to change to even higher thrust on the EDF´s if needed.

leaded50

Legendary member
What is the wing loading oz/ft2?(ready to fly)
If you are in the midrange of 20's, would think about forgetting landing gear for maiden to see how it flies first.

Have you tried to do any designs based on future rather than past?
Wing load will be approx 15 oz/sq.feet

leaded50

Legendary member
todays work... Mounted the holders for retracts, front and rear. .. and did get in place the servos and its canards. ..then just wait til the 2k epoxyglue cure...

Attachments

• DSC_0374.JPG
    DSC_0374.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
Its crappy when you find out, no shop close have any more foamboard in storage, and fastest delivery online couldnt deliver before end of month, start of next month... :confused:
Lucky enough, i had nearly enough to the topskin of the last wing. Fine tuning of some scrapfoam from the "garbage box" in connected edges, and some extra finishwork, the last part , right wing is also ready! A bit more work to shape the foam because the gluejoint dont bend similar as a plain foamboard with no cuts. Careful use of a heatgun did the trick.

Then next "sh**" showed up, a couple of the planned used 9g servos was suddenly crap, and not any other in my storage. :cautious:. Well, at least extra ones be delivered me in a few days.
Even if they was from a wrecked plane with no damage around the servos/cables, and worked then... they now got troubles. Cheap 9g servos cant be trusted..even if worked before....lucky did a check before glued in...

Attachments

• DSC_0371.JPG
    DSC_0371.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 0