plane with flettner rotor

mark k

So, can anyone please tell me the calculations required in designing the flettner rotor plane??

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
So, can anyone please tell me the calculations required in designing the flettner rotor plane??
Ouch, I uh... fettner... hmmm... nope, no clue what that is. Ok, I did peak at the links so I do have a clue, barely.

What I can do is say, Hi Mark. I'm far from the sharpest knife in this drawer so don't gauge the forum based on my knowledge, or lack pf it. Please do tell us about yourself. Are you planning on building something with a fettner principle or maybe popping in just for some needed info?

Either way, welcome to the forum.
—Jim

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohh interesting. That flies basically on the same principles or aerodynamics that make a baseball curve when thrown a certain way. I wonder if adding something that simulates the seams on a base ball to them rollers would give it even more of that lifting effect.

mark k

Thank You JimCR120 .Yes,I am planning on building a plane with flettner rotor.I have designed it and now i am doing fabrication just was looking for some more inputs.

mark k

Yeah PsyBorg, thats due to the Magnus effect .You are right, a correct motor connected with definite specifications of wing dia. and length can do that.