Please help KK2 1.5 won't Arm

Hello all KK2 1.5 running firmware 1.6 won't arm. I went into the receiver setup and I can see the inputs coming in from the transmitter everything shows up fine but it just wont arm. It was working fine last night. Then I went into digital setup on my DX6 and changed switch C to AUX (It was switch D before). when I tried to power on quadcopter to test it would not arm. I switched everything back to how it was in the DX6 but still nothing. I even tried rebinding it to see if that would work, It binded but still wont arm.. Not really sure what went wrong any thoughts? I really don't want to have to delete the model from the DX6 and start over that would be a huge pain. Thanks in advance.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Hello Zombiehunter!

Have you adjusted your subtrims and end points initially?

You must go to the receiver menu and adjust them as part of the initial setup. Each neutral stick movement should be zero, right should be 100, and left should be -100.

Arm the board by pushing rudder all the way to the right.

For some help on your receiver menu check out part of David's video here...
https://youtu.be/UZ4AaI6KPhA?t=6m

Last edited:

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
yup its the rudder that arms the kk boards. the aux switch is for autolevel. I think you are confusing how to arm your board with how the naze boards arm.

Hey guys thanks for the feed back think I may have not been to clear with my post (My bad sorry). Should start out by saying that the quad was flying fine. I was able to arm by pressing the throttle stick all the way to the lower right (I.E. right ruder). What I was trying to do was change the AUX switch on the transmitter by default it was set to switch D which is a three position switch. I am aware that the AUX switch on the KK2 is used to turn flight stabilizer on and off. Since I don't need it to be a three position switch I wanted to move it to switch C which is a two position switch. In my DX6 I went into the digital switch menu and changed Switch C to AUX. Since then everything went wrong. I powered on the quad but now it won't ARM. I can see that the KK2 is getting the signals form the receiver when I go into the receiver setup menu I can see all the inputs coming in 100% or -100% but the board just wont arm. I went back into the DX6 and changed it back to how it was but i'm still having the same issue. I did have a small crash before all this and did test the quad after that and it worked fine but I wonder if that could have made something came lose. I checked all the connections and everything looks good and even tried to rebind the receiver. It bindded fine but the KK2 still won't ARM. So i'm at a lost not really sure what the issue could be. I'm guessing I jacked something up when I messed with the digital switch settings but I could have sworn I got everything back how it was.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Hey guys thanks for the feed back think I may have not been to clear with my post (My bad sorry). Should start out by saying that the quad was flying fine. I was able to arm by pressing the throttle stick all the way to the lower right (I.E. right ruder). What I was trying to do was change the AUX switch on the transmitter by default it was set to switch D which is a three position switch. I am aware that the AUX switch on the KK2 is used to turn flight stabilizer on and off. Since I don't need it to be a three position switch I wanted to move it to switch C which is a two position switch. In my DX6 I went into the digital switch menu and changed Switch C to AUX. Since then everything went wrong. I powered on the quad but now it won't ARM. I can see that the KK2 is getting the signals form the receiver when I go into the receiver setup menu I can see all the inputs coming in 100% or -100% but the board just wont arm. I went back into the DX6 and changed it back to how it was but i'm still having the same issue. I did have a small crash before all this and did test the quad after that and it worked fine but I wonder if that could have made something came lose. I checked all the connections and everything looks good and even tried to rebind the receiver. It bindded fine but the KK2 still won't ARM. So i'm at a lost not really sure what the issue could be. I'm guessing I jacked something up when I messed with the digital switch settings but I could have sworn I got everything back how it was.

When the KK2 boots do you get "OK" on the screen? If not does it say no yaw input or no aileron input?

Okay I got it to work thank you very much razor so once you said that it got me thinking to look at the error messages LOL. So I got the No Yaw Error the first time because the transmitter was not on. Once I turned it on I looked at Error screen now and it said Error ACC not calibrated. I calibrated the ACC and that got it to work. What I don't know is what made the ACC get uncalibrated? Strange but thanks again everyone for all the feed back that really helped you guys are the best!!!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
Great glad you are up and running again! I have three KK2 mini boards and they have fought me a lot so I'm always glad to help others :)