Help! Power pack c goes opposite direction

agupt108

In FT simple cub with power pack C, the plane went backwards even though it was spinning counter clockwise (clockwise from cockpit) and the prop was on the correct was, I had to fly it with the motor spinning clockwise for it to work. Any ideas as to why this happened? Thank you!

luvmy40

Elite member
The only thing would cause this is the wrong prop. You must have put the R prop on. The FT power packs usually come with a CW and CCW prop.

agupt108

The only thing would cause this is the wrong prop. You must have put the R prop on. The FT power packs usually come with a CW and CCW prop.
Thank you...that makes sense. I broke the other prop in a crash...is it ok to use the R prop clockwise then?

Foamforce

Thank you...that makes sense. I broke the other prop in a crash...is it ok to use the R prop clockwise then?

Yes, I’ve been doing that to use up my CW props. In theory your plane might handle slightly differently under heavy throttle because the torque turns the plane right instead of left, but I haven’t noticed much of an actually difference.

MrKilometer

Make sure the motor is spinning in the direction that causes the prop nut to be tightened by torque, or apply some locktite to the nut. Otherwise, the prop nut can loosen itself at high power!

EDIT: you can also get nuts with nylon inserts (like these), and never worry about what direction your motor/prop is going in relation to the threads! They work great, but won't look scale on a Cub (if that's something that keeps you up at night). If you use this option, make sure you get the right size, I'm pretty sure M5 won't work with the C pack motor.

Last edited:

skymaster

Elite member
or look for some similar nuts than grab 2 and put both on. the second one should keep the first one from coming loose.