Simple Scouts

Dakota196

Just finished my Simple Scout. Mini Scout has already maidened but the weather went really bad so I cant maiden the larger Scout. C pack for power. The Explorer hasnot maidened successfully yet. CG issues. Also have Simple Cub to maiden yet also.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0247.jpeg
    IMG_0247.jpeg
    1,008 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0240.jpeg
    IMG_0240.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0238.jpeg
    IMG_0238.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

tomlogan1

Elite member
Just finished my Simple Scout. Mini Scout has already maidened but the weather went really bad so I cant maiden the larger Scout. C pack for power. The Explorer hasnot maidened successfully yet. CG issues. Also have Simple Cub to maiden yet also.
Very nice looking. Where did you get the graphics for the Scout? Looks a lot like a PT-19.

Dakota196

That’s what I wanted it to look like. I just made 5” vinyl roundels and vinyl rudder markings. Nothing special. Cub is the same. All vinyl markings.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I have printed them on paper, then paper mache them on, (watered pva glue). And I have spray glued, with a packing tape cover. The results tend to be easy to make, and professional looking

Dakota196

Walmart had a close out of vinyl for $1 each, so I bought several black, white, red and blue. I printed my German crosses on my mini scout and sprayed clear over them. It worked too.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpeg
    IMG_0248.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

texas dave

Love your paint jobs. I did the maiden flight on my scratch built Simple Scout a couple of days ago. I am amazed at how great this plane flies. I've done about 10 flights with several different battery sizes...1300mah, 1800mah, and 2200mah. It flies very well with them all. The Scout flies rock steady, but is also very aerobatic. I have quite a few expensive E-Flite planes with SAFE and AS3X. This simple Dollar Tree foamboard plane with a basic 6 channel receiver is one of the most fun planes I have flown.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0