Power Pack motor/esc upgrades - What do you use?

Duck

I've built a few FT designs so far and I am loving it. One thing I am still struggling with is using electronics other then the power packs. The speed build kits appear to recommend a few upgrades but they don't seem to be everything you need in all cases.

For example, the mig3 kit (https://store.flitetest.com/ft-mig-3/) says Power Pack C but offers a 4S battery. The Power Pack C motor says it won't work on 4S. Does it work anyway or is there a recommended motor/ESC I am not seeing?

I know the multi-rotors have a good, better, best power pack series. I know FT doesn't appear to offer them for the fixed wing packs but has anyone done research on good setups that work together?

For example, for the super bee it uses the Dual A pack and they describe the step up is the Emax Rs 2205 2300 and the Lumenier 30 AMP ESCs. Is that a good general A/F pack replacement? Is there something in between?

What about for the C pack, what would be the 4S option motor/esc?

Is the B pack a workable step down for any C pack plane?

Also, does FT carry your recommended motors or are you getting them from somewhere else?

Liam B

I've built a few FT designs so far and I am loving it. One thing I am still struggling with is using electronics other then the power packs. The speed build kits appear to recommend a few upgrades but they don't seem to be everything you need in all cases.

For example, the mig3 kit (https://store.flitetest.com/ft-mig-3/) says Power Pack C but offers a 4S battery. The Power Pack C motor says it won't work on 4S. Does it work anyway or is there a recommended motor/ESC I am not seeing?

I know the multi-rotors have a good, better, best power pack series. I know FT doesn't appear to offer them for the fixed wing packs but has anyone done research on good setups that work together?

For example, for the super bee it uses the Dual A pack and they describe the step up is the Emax Rs 2205 2300 and the Lumenier 30 AMP ESCs. Is that a good general A/F pack replacement? Is there something in between?

What about for the C pack, what would be the 4S option motor/esc?

Is the B pack a workable step down for any C pack plane?

Also, does FT carry your recommended motors or are you getting them from somewhere else?

I can answer the C Pack question:) It is much faster and works on 4s, but does put more wear on the motors it seems.

Liam B

What prop/esc is appropriate for 4S? What C rating should I use? Is this plane specific?

Stock ESC is fine. I use a 9x6 APC prop. Anything at or over 25c will work, but I recommend 40c. You can use it on any plane as long as it balances right with a 4s in it.