Printing of full-size plans

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
For anyone interested, I am able to offer printing of full-size plans of FT aircraft that I can bring to FTFF. I can also print out personal plans that you may have if emailed to me. These need to be openly available plans as I do not wish to get caught up in copyright issues. All I ask is that you provide a couple bucks to compensate the paper and ink. $2-3 is fine. I'm not looking to make a profit here.The paper is Epson premium luster photo paper that is very heavy in weight. It will last through MANY tracings for multiple builds. I will provide them rolled with a rubber band and your name on them. Any questions can be posted here rather than through a PM. Others may have the same question. I'm starting this now in the event I am bombarded with requests and run out of anything.

herk1

Trash Hauler emeritus
Wow, I wish you lived in my local area! I just got two of the FT kits printed out at the local Kinko's/FedEx today. It cost $24.65...and that was just for a plain paper black-and-white printout! I was thinking that I could have almost bought one of the speedbuild kits for that. Oh well...at least it saved printing out dozens of small sheets and doing a ton of tedious cutting and taping.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Wow herk, I'd get a better quote! my local office depot is ~ $2.50/sheet

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Wow, no takers yet. I, for one, hate taping plans together. That's why I got the printer and the plotter in the first place. I thought for sure there would be a few folks in here interested in cheap full-sized or up-sized plans.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I could use a template of the FT Versa . . . and would be nice to try the BW V2 now that I've built a half-dozen of the V1 . . . .

put me down for the Versa (only page 1 . . . I can mirror the wing and mock up the wing tips) and BW V2 plans (wow, that's one long sheet!!).

Corbarrad

I hate taping the plans, too, believe me...

Luckily someone donated a plotter to my local fablab a while ago and last week we got it up and running. I know where I'll be printing my plans in the near future. If you have a public fablab within reach, go check it out. not only do a lot of them have tools that you wouldn't otherwise get acess to, but you get to meet a lot of awesome and creative people.

This isn't to say that you shouldn't take Willsonman up on his offer, I think it's awesome that he's willing to share his equipment.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
All of Dan's requests are done, rolled, and labeled. I thought I would snap a picture. I'm standing on a sofa to get the full plan of the BW in one shot.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 24

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Amazing that all that fits on two sheets of foam! I rough cut two BW V1's for the NASBAWCC last night . . . Skipping the power pod, I only needed 3 sheets for both.

Thanks for the printouts -- it looks great!

dholcomb

Very cool. I for one do appreciate your offer. I will be getting back to you in a couple days if the offer still stands.?. There are several I would like to have printed but like some others it is expensive here in north GA. and I'm 2 hours from Atlanta or Chattanooga. Should I make my list and post it here?

Thanks,
David...

srfnmnk

For anyone interested, I am able to offer printing of full-size plans of FT aircraft that I can bring to FTFF. I can also print out personal plans that you may have if emailed to me. These need to be openly available plans as I do not wish to get caught up in copyright issues. All I ask is that you provide a couple bucks to compensate the paper and ink. $2-3 is fine. I'm not looking to make a profit here.The paper is Epson premium luster photo paper that is very heavy in weight. It will last through MANY tracings for multiple builds. I will provide them rolled with a rubber band and your name on them. Any questions can be posted here rather than through a PM. Others may have the same question. I'm starting this now in the event I am bombarded with requests and run out of anything.

That's really nice man! I may take you up on it someday!

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
While building last night I printed off a couple of sets of a few plans to bring with. 4 sets of FT Flyer, FT Bloody Wonder, FT Baby Blender, and a full set of FT Viggen (120 inches long!)

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I'll be driving a Red Volvo wagon and I'll have my Top Flite Texan, L-4 Grasshopper, SE5a, and my enlarged Funder and Lightning. Keep an eye out for me. I'll be arriving in the afternoon/evening on Thursday. I'd like to be there in time for the volunteer meeting at 5.