New guy here full of question.

robert1701a

My first plane I am starting on is a Scout , I am trying to print the plans for Tiled A-Size (7-1/2 x 10): but when I try to print them out either Windows 10 or Adobe adds margins to every page I can cut them out when I cut out the templates but I just wanna know if that will mess up the plane and if so how bad?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...Windows 10 or Adobe adds margins to every page...
Welcome to the forums.
Yes that is normal, all of us cut the margins off.

Pro tip, lay the pages out first, then only cut off what is necessary. Pick 2 sides, like top & right, then cut them off. But only from the necessary pages, which will be about half of them.

The margins you leave are very useful when you tape the plans together.

Last edited:

Foamforce

Make sure to print from Adobe Acrobat. When you do, make sure to choose “Actual Size”, otherwise things will scale slightly and won’t fit quite right. But yes, the cut marks will be about a half inch in because printers can’t print right to the edge.

Good luck, ask questions, post pictures. 🙂

MrClean

And like I found out, Download the newest Adobe from Adobe, Download your file and open it IN Adobe. Firefox has they're own seperate version and it doesn't have the same features. I know, they're just trying to make things easier for Grandma and Grandpa BUT DANGIT! Thats me and I need the Poster option in the print function.
Just throwing out a random example there, off the top of my head. pay no mind, just use the right Adobe not a truncated one.

Bricks

Master member
To makes even easier is if you have a big enough window I use our sliding glass doors let`s you see thru the paper to line up the marks.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
My first plane I am starting on is a Scout , I am trying to print the plans for Tiled A-Size (7-1/2 x 10): but when I try to print them out either Windows 10 or Adobe adds margins to every page I can cut them out when I cut out the templates but I just wanna know if that will mess up the plane and if so how bad?
Here are a couple of articles I wrote a few years ago that may help...