Problem Mounting Prop

gregreh

Hey Newtown and gregreh

How does the Knuckle H-Quad with those motor fly are they good? I'm a beginner at the hobby and I also ordered the Turnigy Pack 300 1380Kv motors. But now I'm worried that i wont work for me. I don't have the tools to reverses the shaft. Would you recommended return the motor and getting other motor with a similar 1380Kv or is it possible to use the motors some other way..

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie!

Hi,

I can't comment on the Knuckle H-quad directly as I dont have one - I built a batbone tri. But I assume it uses the same flite test mounts - in which case I have had no problems mounting the motors other than you will need longer screws that come supplied with the motors - I used M3 x 6mm. I mounted the motors on the bottom of the mounts, the props I ordered went on fine and I didnt have to reverse shaft etc.

I'm a noob too and have since learnt that this motor/prop combo is more suited to fast agile flying rather than weight lifting and camera work but I shot this on my first day of flying so assuming the H quad isnt too much different you should be able to fly no probs - guess it depends what you want :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-12M339Xp30

Hope that helps

Last edited:

eXsoR

Wow that took a load off. Your Batbone Tri flow great as far as i know. Thanks a lot! that help clear up the worry i had, about it not working!

Great Video by the way!

I will post up my project once I get it all together! :) Thanks again!

Hi,

I can't comment on the Knuckle H-quad directly as I dont have one - I built a batbone tri. But I assume it uses the same flite test mounts - in which case I have had no problems mounting the motors other than you will need longer screws that come supplied with the motors - I used M3 x 6mm. I mounted the motors on the bottom of the mounts, the props I ordered went on fine and I didnt have to reverse shaft etc.

I'm a noob too and have since learnt that this motor/prop combo is more suited to fast agile flying rather than weight lifting and camera work but I shot this on my first day of flying so assuming the H quad isnt too much different you should be able to fly no probs - guess it depends what you want :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-12M339Xp30

Hope that helps

dwardio

You'd also want to remove the prop-saver from the other end, no? Less weight is better, balance issues, etc...