Problem With Hobby King 2.4Ghz 6Ch Tx V2. Help???

mitchman963

What is Digital Radio? And I tried to change the com port and it still didn't work. Every time I try to click on anything on T6Config it just keeps saying invalid port number

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
What is Digital Radio? And I tried to change the com port and it still didn't work. Every time I try to click on anything on T6Config it just keeps saying invalid port number

Did you try a different USB port? I usually have to plug my Tx in a few times before it finally gets going. And change the COMM number. My T6 software only recognizes COMM 3 and COMM 5. Supposedly the software can't read anything above 9. It's.... stupid.

mitchman963

Well. A couple weekends ago. I spend literally all day working on trying to get it to work and fiddling with the comport numbers I didn't get any progress and I noticed that the transmitter got quite hot.

lonewolf7717

If he is not getting a "bing" or "ping" as all windows systems do when a new USB device is plugged in I highly doubt driver software is being recognized by windows. I am on road so can't go into detail but not atypical for windows to reject prolific driver zips. If someone would please outline how he needs to check "device manager" to see if CPU is even acknowledging new USB? I had trouble with my windows blocking third party drivers without changes to credentials and authorization. Manual process to be followed to force windows to accept new driver software. Hope someone knows what I'm talking about and is in position to walk him through.

mitchman963

I hope there is someone out there that can help me with what lonewolf7717 said. I have been fiddling with this for about a month and I'm starting to think that it isn't worth the $25 dollars I spent yet us till don't wanna waste it.

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Try downloading Digital Radio. The demo version is free and it works better than T-6 config.
http://www.sgr.info/usbradio/download.htm

Also, I know this program well and will walk you through the Radio Setup.

I understand that you are frustrated, I started when I was 13 with absolutely no help, and had to tough out all my problems on my own. Don't get discouraged.

eagle4

I know this is a silly question, does the radio turn on? i mean, does it have batteries in it? just want to try to rule out any possible problem.

if you plug it into your computer, have you tried having it turned on before you do, or having it off when you do then turning it on once its plugged in?

Zeron

Is this the USB cord you are using?
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9043__Hobby_King_2_4Ghz_6Ch_Tx_USB_Cable.html

When plugged in to the PC does you device manager look like this?
Specifically is it listed under Ports (COM & LPT)?
The COM port number will be listed there.
t6-usb.png

Zeron

Also; if you have Windows 7, 64Bit T6Config will not work unless you set the Compatibility mode to Windows XP SP3 in the shortcut properties.

It also seem to not like COM ports above 9 - you can change the number in device manager if needed.

mitchman963

Try downloading Digital Radio. The demo version is free and it works better than T-6 config.
http://www.sgr.info/usbradio/download.htm

Also, I know this program well and will walk you through the Radio Setup.

I understand that you are frustrated, I started when I was 13 with absolutely no help, and had to tough out all my problems on my own. Don't get discouraged.

Thanks I really appreciate your guys help. You guys here at the forum make up such a nice community. It would be great if you help me digital radio.

mitchman963

I have done every combination of turning on before and after I plug it in to my computer and yes I am using that cable. As I said before when I plug it in it doesn't make that classic USB sound and the red light only comes on sometimes. And I dint even have a Ports section in my device manager.