Programming Flaps/ailerons in Graupner MZ-12

earthsciteach

Anyone else out there have a Graupner radio that can help me out with programming flaps on my E-flite Super Cub 25e? I have gone through the manual, using the Quick Setup menu. Here is what I want to do:

1. Ailerons on 2 separate channels so I can program differential, if needed. Cubs are notorious for adverse yaw.
2. Flaps on single channel via Y harness using two-position switch, S6.

Setting for ail/flap under the quick menu includes, 1 ail, 1 ail/1 flap and 2 ail/1 flap when tail type is set to "normal" and motor at C1 is set to idle rev. I take this to mean the following:

1 ail = both ailerons on single channel via Y harness.
1 ail/1 flap = ail same as above and both flaps on single channel via Y harness.
2 ail/1 flap = ailerons on 2 separate channels/both flaps on single channel via Y harness.
After playing around with this, I am not sure I am interpreting this correctly. When set at 2 ail/1flap, the flaps and ailerons operate in unison but I have no flap function. Its like flaperons with only the"erons" part. :confused:

Does anyone out there speak Graupner? Balu??? Do you speak Graupner since they were bought be a Korean company? LOL!!!

This is no prob in my er9x radio. Ailerons will be on channels 1 and 6, and flaps on whatever channel I assign to the 3 position switch. Piece of cake. (I do realize that aileron is channel 2 on Graupner).

Thanks for any help you can offer!!!

Graupner USA

What does the servo monitor show? You will have to assign a control to your flap channel in the cont. sett. menu for ch6 as this is the only channel left. For example S4 would be a good choice being a 3 position switch.

so you have now;

ch1-thr
ch2-ail1
ch3-ele
ch4-rud
ch5-ail2
ch6-flp

earthsciteach

What does the servo monitor show? You will have to assign a control to your flap channel in the cont. sett. menu for ch6 as this is the only channel left. For example S4 would be a good choice being a 3 position switch.

so you have now;

ch1-thr
ch2-ail1
ch3-ele
ch4-rud
ch5-ail2
ch6-flp

Hey, Graupner! Welcome to the FT Forum! Thank you for your response. I did work it out in the way that you recommended. It was a matter of interpreting the "language." If I could be so bold as to make a recommendation, I suggest amending your manual to provide an explanation of what the Quick Setup Ail/flap settings mean. Currently, you do a good job of "how" to set up the ail/flap setting, but not "what" each setting means. Its a common issue with RC transmitter manufacturer's manuals. The "how" is necessary, but the "what does it mean?" is also critical. Just my thoughts.

Thank you, again, for your response!!!

Graupner USA

Glad to hear you worked it out!

And yes, although we are now for several years Korean/German, we do reply in English from California.

abrupt

Hi, im trying to setup flaperons on my glider, i have a mx16 transmitter, however i have a general module in channel 5 on reciever, how should i setup flaperons, channel 6?