Programming Spektrum AR636 for AS3X

I would like to know if it’s possible to programme a Spektrum AR636 Rx using a RadioMaster TX16 with Open TX software. The Rx manual specifies a cable which is no longer available. There is now a Bluetooth cable spmbt1000 which I assume can be linked to the Spektrum Programming app on a Smartphone. The manual for the Bluetooth cable refers to it interfacing with a DXe. The reason I want to know about this is in order to use the AS3X functionality of the Rx.
Needless to say I’m confused and don’t know how to proceed.

Habu222

I would like to know if it’s possible to programme a Spektrum AR636 Rx using a RadioMaster TX16 with Open TX software. The Rx manual specifies a cable which is no longer available. There is now a Bluetooth cable spmbt1000 which I assume can be linked to the Spektrum Programming app on a Smartphone. The manual for the Bluetooth cable refers to it interfacing with a DXe. The reason I want to know about this is in order to use the AS3X functionality of the Rx.
Needless to say I’m confused and don’t know how to proceed.
Do your self a big favor those ar636 recievers are a head ach and not reliable at all use the specktrum 630 it has forward programming if you want the cable and blue tooth connector i have both. All it leads to is crashing , but if you want them ill take 20 bucks

Bricks

Master member

Habu222

That is true , most are A and B recievers though because you cant do anything with those , but you did mention the problem, when you do know and understand how it all suppose to work , and it doesn,t 80% of the time , i have spent well over a year studying all the ar 636,s and i know from experience that it will be far better and less money if he justs uses an 630 or 631 to accomplish the same thing but with less problematic as the use of the cable or blue tooth for those problematic ar636,s
I dont want a fight just putting this out there because i spent alot of money to buy my experience with 400 dollar planes into the ground, its just not worth it. Just my opinion thats all

Bricks

Master member
That is true , most are A and B recievers though because you cant do anything with those , but you did mention the problem, when you do know and understand how it all suppose to work , and it doesn,t 80% of the time , i have spent well over a year studying all the ar 636,s and i know from experience that it will be far better and less money if he justs uses an 630 or 631 to accomplish the same thing but with less problematic as the use of the cable or blue tooth for those problematic ar636,s
I dont want a fight just putting this out there because i spent alot of money to buy my experience with 400 dollar planes into the ground, its just not worth it. Just my opinion thats all

I understand but what you are putting out is simply not true that 80% will not work maybe in your particular instance not understanding the how`s and whys and how long ago has that been. There are a few of the ar636`s that are locked and cannot be reprogramed Horizon even stepped up and put out software updates for the ones updateable.

Just do not want false information put out especially for any newbies that may read and search for this.

If you still have them I would be interested in buying them.

Habu222

I hear you , im just hoping no newbie has to spend his hard earned bucks on juck that doesn't work correctly 79% of the time , please if you have one throw it in the trash or you will be throwing your plane in the trash , dont do it ! Be warned ! That is all true info !