Q Brain ESC Learning Experience

STFDAC20

Building my Quadlugs 540mm kit, using Naza M-Lite, Q Brain ESC and some Turnigy motors I had quite the head scratch'r going on. Every time I spooled up, the quad would get to 50% throttle and just flip over. No lift, just a nice solid flip.

After double checking my blades, and motor spin I was good. Maybe I still had the wrong blades - they broke so I had to replace them. Checked again. Went out in our Michigan weather (extremely cold) and boom it did it again.

After a couple Google searches, all relating back to connections, are your motors connected to the appropriate spot in the flight controller. I double checked all my wiring - EXCEPT the Q Brain's leads to the motors themselves. It jumped out at me instantly!

I mounted the Q Brain ESC with the power leads to the rear of the quad. I was so wrapped up in running wires cleanly, I neglected to notice I turned where M1 was going. My motors were not corrected to the appropriate supply on the ESC. BINGO! Simple. I missed it completely!

I think it goes without saying, but always check your work thoroughly. I am going to give myself the check, wait at least another 15 minutes and check it over again - from here on out! :)

Be safe out there! :)

On a side note - only props were damaged in this learning experience. Nobody was hurt - but I had a couple blades fly near me.

Flayzeraynx

Hi there

I am having trouble to connect my qbrain with the naza lite. Do you mind if i ask how you connected the cables from the esc to the naza? Did you cut the red cable on the white or kept it? Which order did you used?

Now i am trying to use RoWB or WORB layout but i hear nothing else other than random beeps from the motors :(

STFDAC20

I removed the red wire.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Make sure you use the throttle hub and calibrate!

Flayzeraynx

One more question. Have you connected the white cable to the rx directly and calibrated or rx to naza & esc to naza on m3 with white cable orientation you used?