• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quanum Trifecta Frame help

Edlang

Hello, I was planning on buying a Trifecta frame from HobbyKing, and was wondering on which would be an ideal setup.
I had this setup in mind:
Multistar 2209 980 V2 motors (x3)
Afro 12A ESC (x3)
Carbon 8055 props
Naze32

Battery? I had some issues on the battery. Right now I have some 1500mah and some 2200mah, but I don't know if I should get a 1800mah.

I intend to use a GoPro with this setup, no FPV or anything fancy. Looking for some long flight times, maybe above 10 mins? No aggressive flying either. Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hello, I was planning on buying a Trifecta frame from HobbyKing, and was wondering on which would be an ideal setup.
I had this setup in mind:
Multistar 2209 980 V2 motors (x3)
Afro 12A ESC (x3)
Carbon 8055 props
Naze32

Battery? I had some issues on the battery. Right now I have some 1500mah and some 2200mah, but I don't know if I should get a 1800mah.

I intend to use a GoPro with this setup, no FPV or anything fancy. Looking for some long flight times, maybe above 10 mins? No aggressive flying either. Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated
I have the trifecta and I really like it. I fly
"baby beast" 2206 motors
Afro 12 A esc
6045 plastic props
Naze 32
3S 1500 mah battery

I pretty much exclusively fly it FPV with a board cam. I occasionally put a gopro on it but to be honest I have a hard time getting really nice video out of this frame. I really prefer a bigger tricopter for shooting smooth video.

One piece of advice if you go with the trifecta. Either buy a few of the recommended servos or look at a "true" all metal gear option. The "all metal" servo they suggest still has a plastic gear in it. I am on my third servo.

Tim

I don't really expect to have professional grade video, I am just after this frame because its portable and compact. How does the multirotor handle with the gopro? Do you have to move the battery back a great deal? And what are the flight times?
It flies fine with the gopro, not as snappy but it is not that underpowered. I get about 6 minutes flight time with the 1500 mAh battery. Another thing to look at is some extended landing gear if you dont like landing on your battery. I just 3d printed some off thingiverse. If you are going for portable it is really nice, also seems to be pretty durable (minus the servo) I fly down low through trees and often hitting the ground. Only damage so far has been the servo.

I am about to try it myself. That is the one that was recommended to me. Changing out the servo is sort of a pain, you basically have to take the whole thing apart in order to get the servo wire threaded through the frame.