Racer/Ripslinger

cblock

The New Guy
well I havent even finished my versa yet, but I couldnt resist.. I started putting together the racer
since this picture, I have now added some tin tape to the leading edges..
pKMwqv3.jpg

q0I6GC1.jpg

Last edited:

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Oh the suspense! Your picture isn't showing. I don't think you can link a facebook picture like that. I'd suggest using a photo hosting site like imgur.com or flikr.com and using the direct link url provided there or just add it here as an attachment but I don't like to put the burden of hosting files on the forum when there are so many free photo hosting sites.

I can't wait to build the FT Racer myself. I think that is going to be my next plane.

Last edited:

cblock

The New Guy
anyone else whos built one of these, I know David said the rudder isnt really needed, what do the rest of you think?

cblock

The New Guy
nice.. I like the looks of that one..
I wasnt a big fan of the ripslinger cockpit, I like the the racer slim design.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
I agree cblock. I prefer aerodynamics over a cute hat. ;)

Yours is coming along nicely.

Last edited:

cblock

The New Guy
yeah its not bad.. still learning how to cleanly cut this dang foam board, it dulls the razors sooo fast.
I was using an exacto knife so I could just break it off as I needed, it worked ok, but even that was dulling up quick.
there are a few cuts im not happy with, but it is my second build, first one was the versa wing and that seemed pretty easy, but it also had minimal cuts

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Ready for the winter!
Just ordered the motor for Rip.
MC8-1550.jpg

Have to get a pair of carbon props to make it looking good.
tumblr_mpsr56WvLT1rcnkw9o1_500.gif

Freaky_1

old headcase
Been waiting to see someone do this. Must have looked at those 50 times by now.
Same did the variable setups.

Watching with great interest.

TTMR

A leaf on the wind
I always wondered what looked "wrong" about ripslinger, it's the prop shape! Staring at that gif solidified it.

Winglet

Hey Razer,

That looks so good! What did you use to finish it? Looks like Monokote or something?

BonyordnanCe

BonyordnanCe
Noob here. I am having problems with the elevator linkage. Down elevator pulls the rod at an outward angle at the longest throw and subsequently bends in the airframe (slightly). I've tried different servo arm and rod positions but can't find a solution. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Noob here. I am having problems with the elevator linkage. Down elevator pulls the rod at an outward angle at the longest throw and subsequently bends in the airframe (slightly). I've tried different servo arm and rod positions but can't find a solution. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Can you post a photo so we can see?