Dayton Wright RB-1 racer , concept plane for the Gordon Bennett Air Race

Ha,ha... your in the pilots sight!!! :devilish: s*** it dont have any guns..... GRRRR :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Could forgot the " scale look" and "gone a bit crazy" in colors, and for sure you close to havent thought about "ugly" at all ;) you be happy i dont use a mirror finish :unsure: Ha,ha :ROFLMAO::LOL:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:
Then I'd see MYSELF and it wouldn't look ugly at all!

leaded50

Legendary member
He's not looking @ U, he's looking with U. BTW @leaded50 , another awesome build(y)
Thanks. Im quite satisfied on the model. Its a model of a 1920 airplane, they had close to not started thought on such stuff as aerodynamic design eg. And this ones technic specialitys of that time, does it for me no caring on if are beautiful or ugly. At least look at fuselage lines, they are infact futuristic with sleek lines, aka the normally boxy square fuselages even in the 30´s most planes.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
what im using for the retracts? A servo would easy be damaged, or will not keep its position when get a "press".
Linear screw gear motors is solution :) so.. then i got some servos planned to try out in order not in need anymore :rolleyes: Well, suppose findf something for their use one time anyway.

Attachments

• retract motors.jpg
    retract motors.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 0

Baron VonHelton

Elite member
what im using for the retracts? A servo would easy be damaged, or will not keep its position when get a "press".
Linear screw gear motors is solution :) so.. then i got some servos planned to try out in order not in need anymore :rolleyes: Well, suppose findf something for their use one time anyway.

Bad form old bean......Keep thinking OUTSIDE the box!

(Me & You need to collaborate on something in the near future!)

:cool:

Scotto

Elite member
If your linkages had an "over center" where it went over and then the weight was on the link up next to something solid you could have a small servo and not have any landing impact on the servo. But really the long acme screw thing might be more like the full scale. I dont know.

Looks awesome!

leaded50

Legendary member
If your linkages had an "over center" where it went over and then the weight was on the link up next to something solid you could have a small servo and not have any landing impact on the servo. But really the long acme screw thing might be more like the full scale. I dont know.

Looks awesome!
if the linkage had "knee-joints" yes, it would be better to keep the servo ok, then it just could turn in the joint and not give as much stress on the servo, but it would anyway push on servo too.. The arm from the wheel and up cant be against a solid place. Then it wouldnt be possible to lift the wheels. by the screw gear, the screwgear mount, and the screw threads would take up the forces... and it should be a lot of press to get a screwdrive to turn the motor ..a lot! ;) the ordered ones had approx 3000 - 3500g thrust....