Radiomaster TX16s buddy lead

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Apparently there have been issues reported with the 3.5mm jack plugs used on the Radiomaster transmitter for buddy leads. It appears the correct jack plug is a longer version than normally used on other transmitters like Spektrum.
1608785570701.png

This is the correct plug, its a 4 pole jack plug FC68124.
So now your aware, if you want to use a buddy lead on your TX16s you will need to make one of these up. If you use the std mono or stereo jack plugs you may have problems.

w1lp33

The issue I had with mine was the little metal tabs on the female jack inside the radio weren't pressed in enough to make solid contact with the male end of the plug.

I had huge issues with the trainer cable until I talked to Radiomaster support. They suggested I open the case, and gently push the metal tabs in a little bit further so they made more solid contact. Solved all my issues. So this is another thing you can try if you're having trainer cable issues.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The issue I had with mine was the little metal tabs on the female jack inside the radio weren't pressed in enough to make solid contact with the male end of the plug.

I had huge issues with the trainer cable until I talked to Radiomaster support. They suggested I open the case, and gently push the metal tabs in a little bit further so they made more solid contact. Solved all my issues. So this is another thing you can try if you're having trainer cable issues.

That is common with all 3.5 mm jacks be it in a radio we use to fly, mp3 players, or headphone jacks on anything that uses them. They have very low life span repetitive connection counts because they are so small and that pole used for main contact is so thin and not real good spring steel like the older 1/4 inch jacks used in musical instruments. sometimes they get plugged in enough the plating on the contact wears off and they corrode as well IF the unit last that long without the issue you had.