RBARPDIYC2018: flying Red Bull Formula 1 race car!

Joe M

Nice, looks like you're almost there. Seeing your videos I'm pretty confident that at least some of your control problems are AC-related, like DamoRC suggested. It's an easy problem to fix, though. Increasing the size of the rear surfaces or decreasing the size of the front surfaces should do it.

Also if it's anything like any of the flying cars I've built the CG probably needs to be moved forward. Mine always ended up tail heavy. This thread is really making me want to build a flying car.

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Next day, next try. Because I didnt have to repair something, I started to Put a little paint on it. I used permanent markers in red and blue, and its all drawn by hand:
IMAG0101.jpg
IMAG0102.jpg

The bad news is that it didnt took Off this time. One of the Motors lost power and it wasnt fast enough. It was not the Motor with the broken prop. It was hard for the motor to start spinning, it had less Power than the other one, and at full power, it even stopped Spinning. And it did this all the time. Btw, there is No differential thrust. Do you have any Idea what the problem could be?

Joe M

Aw that's a bummer. It sounds like something is causing the motor to de-sync. I'd check to make sure that all of the ESC wires are properly connected and insulated, then inspect the motor wires for any breaks or intermittent connections. If you don't find anything with a visual inspection just swap around motors/ESCs until you can pinpoint which component is causing the failure.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
sounds like an ESC timing problem. reset the throttle range on both ESC's independently to start with. make sure your wires are all good, if still not working you have to adjust the timing. your esc should have come with instructions on how to do this, or at least how to reset default. it can be a pain to do manually through the transmitter but can be done. most people end up getting a programing card which makes it much easier.

good luck,

me :cool: