Real Flight 9 ?'s

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions about RF 9. I have only had the sim loaded on my computer for one day. I have the sim loaded on my laptop running Windows 10. Here is my question. Does the following dialog box pop up ever time you start the sim up, it does for me ? " Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device. " An yes or no answer can work for me. That way I will have an idea if my computer is running normal with this sim.

Thanks for any help,
Al

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds like RF is going out to automatically look for updates. You should be able to turn that off in settings somewhere I would think. As far as windows goes that particular message will pop up for anything that is not verified like drivers that are not signed by microsoft.

If your version of RF is a purchased copy from a disc or authorized download then its probably ok to allow it. If you have a pirated copy or one that came from China like copies that come with the cheapie dongles I would be very leery to allow that.

alan0043

Sounds like RF is going out to automatically look for updates. You should be able to turn that off in settings somewhere I would think. As far as windows goes that particular message will pop up for anything that is not verified like drivers that are not signed by microsoft.

If your version of RF is a purchased copy from a disc or authorized download then its probably ok to allow it. If you have a pirated copy or one that came from China like copies that come with the cheapie dongles I would be very leery to allow that.

Hi PsyBorg,

Thank you for the quick relay. I did buy the sim thru Horizon Hobby and I have the disc. I understand about buying pirated software. Thanks again for the help. Al

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I have another question. Do I have to have internet service to start up RF 9 ? or even fly on the sim ?

Thanks everyone for the help,
Al

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Unless the sim was designed specifically as an mmo game style sim I would assume that it is stand alone. Most sims that require online use are newer drone sims that have peer to peer based races. Other sims like Microsoft flight simulator use actual satellite maps for their landscapes which require updating to load each area as a stand alone world sized map would be insane.

alan0043

Unless the sim was designed specifically as an mmo game style sim I would assume that it is stand alone. Most sims that require online use are newer drone sims that have peer to peer based races. Other sims like Microsoft flight simulator use actual satellite maps for their landscapes which require updating to load each area as a stand alone world sized map would be insane.

Hi PsyBorg,

Thank you again for your help. Al