• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Really new to flying

Hey peeps. As the title says I am new to flying except for some toy grade stuff like airhogs planes and some cheaper quads. I recently was gifted 5 balsa built planes and I am planning to start out with foamies before I even try those out. What better place to start than with Flight Test? I am really planning to start with the Seaduck because well it's the freaking Seaduck!

Welcome to the forums @Slimchans!

It's a good idea to start with foamies before getting into balsa, but I would suggest the Tiny Trainer as your first plane. The seaduck is a pretty complicated and long build, and as far as I know not meant for beginner pilots.

Whatever you decide, good luck!

Welcome to the forums @Slimchans!

It's a good idea to start with foamies before getting into balsa, but I would suggest the Tiny Trainer as your first plane. The seaduck is a pretty complicated and long build, and as far as I know not meant for beginner pilots.

Whatever you decide, good luck!
I hear you. Thanks for the advice. I will start with the trainer. For the price I will probably also order a Seaduck so I can take my sweet time with the build while I learn on a trainer.

The Hangar

The tiny trainer is great. If you want a standard size airplane trainer (the tiny trainer is a mini), go with the old speedster. It is an absolutely awesome airplane. I have loads of fun flying it after flying my spitfire or edge 540, and I have trained people off of it too. I learned on it as well. If at all possible, get someone to maiden whatever you chose first, and even buddy box if at all possible. Good luck and have fun!