Rotor Riot

abieex

Mentor
Anyone have an idea whats going on at Rotor Riot? Show and website seems to have changed and the guys involved all seem to be doing individual blogs lately. Just doesn't seem quite right. All in my head?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nope. From what I can tell they changed management so they had more control over what they do. I think that is also why several pilots took a step back as they did not have the freedom they wanted or do not agree with the more rogue style direction it is headed. The show is still awesome and I personally like the vlogs as you get more personal look of the pilots as well as more in depth and less "Showboat" reporting on things. I think Stingerswarm getting added brings a nice off shoot as he is more technical and has knowledge of real regulations as well as a real pilots perspective on things.

abieex

Mentor
It is no doubt a great show. Hope it survives and I would like to see more of Chad K and Charpu.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Oh I don't think they are going anywhere soon. I think they need to just sow their oats and spread out to explore their new direction a bit. I want to see them all doing what they do. They all bring something different to the community. I am glad we get to keep up on the RR page as well as their own personal pages.

earthsciteach

I'm a big fan of Rotor Riot. I also view most of the Vlogs the guys put out. It can't be easy to pump out good content like they are doing individually. That's a serious commitment.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. Kapper will keep things fresh and entertaining for sure.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Well I think some of my suspicions were confirmed this past video as it addresses just what we have been discussing. There were two distinct camps in the episode and one was more leery about doing things and the other not so much. I am not sure if it was to cover both ends of the spectrum intentionally or if the two teams really do view what they do in the way they put on video.

Hopefully this does not put a chink in the armor and they can work thru and come to a successful medium and continue how they have been going. I am pretty sure they are getting pressured in "social" media to be more aggressive and do more risky stuff. I know some would like to go all Trappy and not care but there is the show aspect with how they portray the hobby over all. Then there is the moral dilemma of everyone not being on the same page. Then you have to factor in how many morons there are out in the world that will go and try stuff they see and not consider any of the behind the scenes safety things you don't see on camera and the potential for liability on their behalf.

Times are a changin and its gonna be interesting to see what direction they take it.

abieex

Mentor
I think all hands realized that the heavily populated area they were in was probably not appropriate. The last thing I personally want to see is for them to go all Trappy on us. I trust that Chad Ks good judgement will rule.