Russian Warbird Prototype with EDF!!

leaded50

Legendary member
some complete pictures.

DSC_0190.JPG
DSC_0191.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
Thanks! yes, im very pleased how it turned out, i love the designstyle, and feel i got it right here too. Cant wait for the m,aiden flight..

leaded50

Legendary member
decided to use the 64mm EDF from this into the "MIG - 13" build, and get a updated 12 blade EDF powerhouse, who should make this plane a rocket, it want to use full power with thrust approx double of the planes total weight.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
This project is beautifully done, I like the surgery picture. I :love: the canopy

Can you show/tell us more detail on your canopy build?
The yellow foam in the wing is for a solid mount for the retracts?

leaded50

Legendary member
This project is beautifully done, I like the surgery picture. I :love: the canopy

Can you show/tell us more detail on your canopy build?
The yellow foam in the wing is for a solid mount for the retracts?

At the pictures form under build, you see the cockpit/hatch done before enclosed. Each bow is made by foam, covered in thin layer 2k epoxyglue for better strenght. Bow nr.2 is also strenghten with a thin SS rod glued on inside (as shown or earlier picture in thread). Reason for the strenghtening, is if laying "on the head", this can take more , without getting deformed. "Glassing" is by 5 plasticparts from a bottle to fit the bows/shape..
The yellowish foam, is isolation from a cooling semitruck trailers. WE have a company making trailers and boxes for semitrucks locally. (Scraps are free of charge :) ha,ha) This foam is quite dens, and dont deform easy, but very easy to shape, in the semitrucks trailers its a part of the box strength. You can drive a car up on a foamblock, with approx no deformation, if supported on flat ground. Weight less or similar to foamboard, but more brittle and "sandish". As strenghten structure under a bit of plywood, its superb for the retracts to spread the forces.

leaded50

Legendary member
fly??? should they? :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::love: ha,ha.
Videocamera for use is in mail! (eg. sunglasses with camera)
Ive tryed to make sessions with a friend, so could make some, but he got hospitalized , sad enough, so need other "pilot" or camerman :p

Also some needed adjustments , one esc took fire in air, a few was undermotorized/ totally wrong prop, and weather dont like my flying? Rain and heavy winds is not in my comfort zone at flying. Some should be fun to have shown in video though... a plane smoking in air raises the stress syndrome. ;-)
I have a perfect RC airstrip 5minutes from my home, who is rarely used without weekends. .....

Last edited:

Yusernaym

Do you have plans for this? I have an edf that needs a home, and a conspicuous lack of a warbird in my fleet, so this would solve both problems.

leaded50

Legendary member
Do you have plans for this? I have an edf that needs a home, and a conspicuous lack of a warbird in my fleet, so this would solve both problems.
Sorry, i have no plans, its scratchbuild totally from ground up from a very few copyed "bad" drawings/scetches , and a few pictures of someones 3D rendering.

@rcplane123 ... im wondering too :) The plane it self is quite typical warbird, sp would suppose it flies like a such one. I havnet got done maiden yet, because error by the new EDF i got, and is still waiting for getting a replacement.