Rx for my old Airtronics Vanguard VG6DR Tx

Freaky_1

old headcase
I need a new Rx for my favorite old Tx.
I've always loved this thing's big feel as the smaller ones just feel tiny and uncomfortable.

I know that some time ago there were recievers that would allow more standardized servos, but now that I'm in need, I'm lost.

This critter is from well before computer systems as am I. On another forum I was suggested a corona something or other, but after looking it up, it's dual something or other and had a bind feature which leads me to believe it's a tad too modern tech for my Tx. Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is actually my newest Tx and though I've got a modern 2.4 sys (FrSky Taranis) on the way, I wamt to keep this one.

I had several Rx for it, but only one still operable and it's what I've been flying. Until this morning that is. We all know that electronics run on smoke, but sadly, my last rx released it's wonderful smoke this am and slid quietly off ... R.I.P.

Ona side note, I wouldn't mind having some rx for my old Futaba Conquest AM 6ch as well. I know, I know, it's ancient AM, but I wouldn't mind being able to use it at the farm rather than wall hanging it.

Warning: Modern tech talk and still many of the acronyms are like some forgotten futuristic language to me so I'll likely be asking clarification on such if we get hard to that aspect (which I need to catch up on anyway).

Thanks,
Frank

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I think that Corona is one of the "learning" Rx's in that they don't use a specific crystal to tune to, but learn what your Tx sounds like. It would probably work since I used something similar on my JR 72mhz radio. I think the main thing to be sure of is frequency and shift. As long as you match those, you should be fine.