RADIOMASTER BOXER (4-in-1) & Edge TX

About two years go I picked up a RADIOMASTER Boxer 4-in-1 and got started trying to learn the ways of Edge TX. Unfortunately, my understanding is not what I had hoped for, and it seems like one of the biggest frustrations is that the rest of the world uses a TX16 transmitter and all the videos and articles I see out there explaining how to do anything are using this system. So I'm going to make an effort to lay out the different pages of my Radiomaster and explain what I think is going on on each. I'd like to hope this is more of an article than a forum post, but I likely will get half way through and run out of time... here's hoping for the best!

Buttons.jpg

So here's what it looks like... no surprises there. Note, there is a toggle switch on the top left and a push button on the top right, not shown in the picture above.

Note, the scroll wheel is a cylinder that rotates or you can push down on it to hit ENTER, entering into a menu or confirming a selection.

Here you can hit ENTER to play the games, spinning the wheel to scroll up and down. Hit the RTN button to get out of this menu. I don't know what the TBS Agent is or the Spectrum (INT) is. The wizard helps to get new airplanes loaded.

If you hit the MDL button, it takes you to all the different models you have listed on your transmitter (TX from here on out). If you hit ENTER in this menu, it asks if you want to backup a model, copy a model (useful for adding a new plane similar to another already in your system), or move the model to a new slot.
MDL Long Enter.JPG

So when you first push the SYS button, the fist page looks like this:
SYS, Pg 1.JPG and SYS, Pg 1 cont.JPG .

Push the PAGE > button to go following pages and PAGE < to preceding pages.
Page 2: SYS, Pg 2.JPG SYS, Pg 3.JPG SYS, Pg 4.JPG SYS, Pg 5.JPG SYS, Pg 6.JPG SYS, Pg 7.JPG

There are some additional details in the windows if I scroll down... I can come back and add those later if it is requested.

The real meat and potatoes portion of this comes in when you go to the MDL menu and go through the rest of the pages. Here are a few more screen shots (Note, screen 11 is for some pictures... I've not figured this out yet):
MDL Pg1.JPG MDL Pg2.1.JPG MDL Pg2.3.JPG MDL Pg2.4.JPG MDL Pg2.5.JPG

MDL Pg3.JPG MDL Pg4.JPG MDL Pg5.JPG MDL Pg6.JPG MDL Pg7.JPG MDL Pg8.JPG MDL Pg9.JPG MDL Pg10.JPG

I think these are all the screens, sorry if I missed anything. I'll try to update this as I am able.

I'll close with this... think twice about buying a Boxer. If I understood if better, I'm sure I could explain better how to use it... obviously I'm not there yet.

Attachments

• MDL Pg2.2.JPG
    MDL Pg2.2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • MDL Pg2.JPG
    MDL Pg2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
...think twice about buying a Boxer...
Highly recommend the Boxer, I believe it is by far the best Tx for the money on market today.
I grant the operating system, EdgeTx is a lot to learn but it is well worth it.
Here is a video to help with the learning curve.

Last edited:

Sea_Kerman

Those buttons right above the display are actually a 6-position switch, useful for if you have a load of flight modes, or for setting FPV video transmitter output power.