Help! Scaling FT desings to 125%

kdobson83

Ok, so I have the perfect 2820/7 size motor that's begging to be put on a 125% FT spitfire. I've been looking around and have gotten some ideas on how to do this, but I wanted to ask before I started if anyone had any plans with the cuttouts and folds already adjusted to 125%. This would make things a tad quicker/easier for me. Any tips or tricks for building larger would be appreciated too.
Thanks

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
You could try just printing the plans at the required scale and then cut out the pieces, (minus the channels), and tape them down the required channel spacing apart. Not that difficult but uses a little extra paper. You could even leave the channel piece on one side of the channel and move the other piece in slightly and tape into position with the correct channel width.

Have fun!

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
NO! You also need to adjust the bevels as well but these are simply a matter of shaving/cutting/sanding as you normally would.

the other thing to consider adjusting are the slot widths on some designs as in the forward deck where the power pod is keyed or locked in.

Have fun!