• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Scratch builds, material failures, stress testing and the general disorder in my life

I needed a single thread to dump stuff in. It may ramble a bit, but then so do I.

I'm Stress Test, a.k.a. Marc and this will record the scratch builds and my other rc stuff. I'm really new with a total of 3 minutes flight time and 5 crashes. I have a lot of trees on my property, and they tend to step out in front of my aircraft. Luckily a neighbor told me I could use his field, 20 to 30 clear acres. I hope to improve my flight time to crash ratio. :p

And in the name of more flight time here is a trainer I am building. Its a Flite Test Mini Scout. The original kit died when I was getting it out of a cedar tree. I did make patterns from it though and this one is built of Dollar General Foam. I pulled the parts out of the original which was built with a Power Pak.

Tonight I taped it off and put a single light coat of red paint over it. A 4 channel receiver is due in Saturday. I have 2 batteries and the servos are in it. It will be next week before I get to maiden it and trim another tree.

second_trainer.jpg

I also printed off and taped together a 3 view pdf for my scratch build winter project. With a 1440 mm wing span its the biggest I will have tried to build. If you recognize it I'll take that as a good sign. :)

Um, about dodging and taunting trees..

I started with FPV Blade Inductrix, you will notice the trees in the video, those are the same ones I have been dodging with a plane....

Happiness is your parts coming in a day early. My receiver came in today so I put it together and this was tidier than the first build. Then I glued the bottom up.

neat_wiring.jpg

Its a bit over powered with a 2205 2300kv motor and a 450mAh battery. I also have to slide the battery back to get it to balance.

450_battery.jpg

I will maiden it Sunday or Monday, weather permitting, in the field, the big field, I post pics of the result, good or bad... :)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Um, about dodging and taunting trees..

I started with FPV Blade Inductrix, you will notice the trees in the video, those are the same ones I have been dodging with a plane....

Happiness is your parts coming in a day early. My receiver came in today so I put it together and this was tidier than the first build. Then I glued the bottom up.

Its a bit over powered with a 2205 2300kv motor and a 450mAh battery. I also have to slide the battery back to get it to balance.

I will maiden it Sunday or Monday, weather permitting, in the field, the big field, I post pics of the result, good or bad... :)
Holy screen door batman. Did you put that screen over yours whoop camera to keep the bugs off the windshield? I have never see screen door effect that bad.

Holy screen door batman. Did you put that screen over yours whoop camera to keep the bugs off the windshield? I have never see screen door effect that bad.
I was shooting the video with my cell phone pointed at the FPV heads up without the focusing part. Its not like that when you are looking at it.

Got home late last night, cleaned up the workspace a bit today. Got tired of cleaning. Its rainy and windy out.

Once I got tired of cleaning and shopping and getting ready for work I cut out another Scout. I had already traced it. I traced 3 complete models. I hope it dont need it soon but I figure I might get a head start.

workspace.jpg

And it fits together pretty good. I'll finish it this week. Fuselage is glued

version 3.jpg

I was shooting the video with my cell phone pointed at the FPV heads up without the focusing part. Its not like that when you are looking at it.

Got home late last night, cleaned up the workspace a bit today. Got tired of cleaning. Its rainy and windy out.

Once I got tired of cleaning and shopping and getting ready for work I cut out another Scout. I had already traced it. I traced 3 complete models. I hope it dont need it soon but I figure I might get a head start.

View attachment 181337

And it fits together pretty good. I'll finish it this week. Fuselage is glued:)

View attachment 181338
I wish I had a workbench this neat to do my projects on. I'm such a klutz that my messy habits keep mine to where I can't find tools as I need them. I spend more time looking for my tools than I do actually working on my build. Nice job, keep your posts coming!