Shinden Rocket Plane

SnowRocker88

Amateur pilot and builder
You can also experiment with burn rates by making different profiles inside the diy solid rocket. Make a multi-faceted star profile inside the rocket for more surface area and more thrust...of course this would mean shorter flight time. You can experiment with lots of things when you're making your own.

ruud

Am I the only one to actually want to build a (non-rocket-powered) Shinden after seeing this episode? Any idea if there will be plans at some point?

Corbarrad

Well, they're still going to release the prop driven version of the shinden at some point in the near future. I imagine the finished airframe will perform just as well under rocket trust, maybe even bette.
Of course you'd have to do the rocketry modification s on your own (and at your own risk)

edit: oops, upon rereading your post i realize xou were indeed going for the prop version, which I think is the prudent thing to do...
Josh said they were still going to release the shinden after they'd ironed the remaining quirks out.

Last edited:

Basscor

Does anyone have an idea what that quad "surfboard" with "Helipad" marking in the back was?
/QUOTE]

it was an old project that Peter did. Here is a video of it flying:

and a Heli "landing" on said heli pad:

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
They seem to have bigger problems making the Shinden reproducable, so no plans yet.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
No plans becasue the Shindin is still on the release schedule.

As of mid-January it was on track for April but that was over two weeks ago . . . plans change :p

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I get such a kick out of your videos Localfiend. That giggle just makes me belly laugh along with you every time. Nice progression over the course of the video. In the end was that swapped over to an edf as it sure sounded like one the last two "Flights"

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
I get such a kick out of your videos Localfiend. That giggle just makes me belly laugh along with you every time. Nice progression over the course of the video. In the end was that swapped over to an edf as it sure sounded like one the last two "Flights"

ビデオは偽物です。私はピクセルから知ることができます。