Short Brothers SC-7 Skyvan Build

I'm having a pdf file of Peter Sripol's Skyvan printed on foamboard by my local printshop. I'm having to salvage parts from my previous two planes, broken when someone moved stuff around in my garage.
Has anyone else done this build from these plans? What advise can you give me? I'm ordering the Power Pack C for a twin like the Guinea Pig (which I may buy again also).
On the plans I have there is NO notes for the rear cargo door. (?) I know on the rear Skyvan it's curved, and opens inward. Any thoughts?
I will be adding the parachute protection bar between the two tails using skewers. This will also strengthen the twin rudders. I have a drawing from a member on here awhile ago on how to make both rudders work with one servo and one servo wire.
Can I mount the receiver, Aura-5, and light control box onto the main wing, just mounting the battery(s) in the nose area?

Attachments

• 300px-Short_Skyvan_SC.7_(G-BEOL)_arrives_at_RIAT_Fairford_12July2018_arp.jpg
    300px-Short_Skyvan_SC.7_(G-BEOL)_arrives_at_RIAT_Fairford_12July2018_arp.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 0

leaded50

Legendary member
if rear gargo door opens inward... shouldnt be any problem, just make it hinged at top-rear, and lift front part up to the roof inside.
No problemsmount he reciver, aura, battery as that.. CG decides battery eg placement though.

Exploding several photos I have of SC-7's I found the navigation lights. The top navigation red blinker has two locations. One near the top of the roof fuel tank between the wings. The second location option is between the camel hump roof tank and the elevator. The bottom red blinker is half way between the main landing gear and the base of the rear cargo door. Port and Starboard navigation lights are tiny and in the front corners of the wings. One US civilian plane replaced them with larger units centered on the outer edge of each wing under the small spoiler fins. The rear navigation light is mounted on the bottom rear edge of the Starboard rudder, facing the rear.
The landing lights are HUGE and are mounted where the wing to landing gear spars meet the wings.