shrinking Foam

CaptBill

Actually Foam plane plans.

I Started a Scortch and about the time I finished cutting out the fuselage parts I became conscious, guess that indicated I was unconscious, of just how big it is. Reflecting on storage space I decided to move to something a little smaller. BUT the two planes Im fixated on, The scortch and Ugly Stick are both large planes.

So I thought I could just print the plans smaller. Scale them down to say a 4-45" wingspan. Unfortunately it not, it seems that simple.

For the scortch I can, using Adobe, print the tiles version at a reduced size. However the sheet count remains the same, just smaller inages on each page. If I attempt to print in "poster" form I cant adjust the print size.

For he Ugly Stick
http://assets.flitetest.com/article_files/Das-Ugly-Foamie-Stik-Fuselage-Plans_1441798381.pdf
The option of printing in tiled version is not available.

Can someone please tell me how to print a full sized PDF drawing in a reduced, 75%, size or for that matter can I print a fullsized plan at a larger size, say 125%

Thanks

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Should be easy-peasy -- Get Adobe Reader to scale up and then tile from the print dialog.

You can follow most of the instructions here, with the following changes:

- Use only the Full sheet plans (set your page numbers so only those are printed)
- On the print dialog, in the "Paper Sizing & Handling" section, click "Poster"
- in the "Tile Scale" box, set your scale % (say, 70% or 125% from your examples)
- check "Cutmarks"
- click Print.

If you want to test the process, pull up a tiled print, pick a page that has a scale marker on it, then print that page as a poster to 110%. it should now print it on two pages, with cutlines and the scale marker should measure 10% oversized. If you get that, repeat with the full sized plans at the desired scaling.

CaptBill

Crafty Dan. THANKS. I was pretty sure that that is what I did not long ago to try and find a way myself. However last evening, for some reason or another, it did not seem to be working.
I'll give it another go. Perhaps I was overlooking a step.

Jtrops.
Thanks
SO have one of the little ugly stick planes ready to fly when the weather improves. I think they are a 27" wingspan. I'm thinking about 40". I can't tell you why that seems better to me, no logic behind the idea, it just seems right