• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sig 1/4 Clipped Winged Cub and time to change my Avatar

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
Yes, been a busy year...I noticed you have not sealed up the front yet? It looks like the CF-3 Nose Fill-In piece isn't installed?
 
Finally got the windscreen done. No glue, all screws R functional and not just for looks. Finished all the plastic trim for the wing fairings. That plastic trim for the windscreen was a more than I anticipated. I used elastic chord form the sewing section for the simulated weather stripping. U can see that the wing slides in very well. Wasn't sure if this was going to work. I will add the additional screws once the wings R covered. The fuel system on the original Vertigo was modified with the wing tank STC and I decided to do the fuel caps in shiny chrome vs painting them red. I got the idea of using buttons from the Cub Den website. The pic is an example of a cub with the STC. The STC has the wing tank gravity feed into the original forward tank with the expansion vent tubes in the wing tank fueler caps. Paint that entry step and cover the wing and I am done.
IMG_5214.JPG
IMG_5216.JPG
IMG_5217.JPG
 

Attachments

I am about to wrap this project up and call it a day. I should have some pics tonight. In the mean time, I thought I'd share my scale like shock cord covers. This is one of the last few details left & has been stressing me out. thecubden.org has them for sale. Unfortunately, they have been out of stock for some time. So, I decided to make my own. The one criteria I wanted, was to have them go on and off without dismantling the gear. Aaaaaaagh. This is the kind of crap I keep running into that makes this build take so long. Well this is what I came up with. I used this rubberized duck cloth that I bought from Wally World. Using Foam Tac, I made slots for zip ties to slide through by folding over the ends. The ends that R on the outside closer to the ground R double folded over for a tighter seal. Then I made slits for the ties to go in & come out of. Glued some Velcro to the ends & wrapped them around my gear as depicted. Scale like enough for me.
IMG_5243.JPG
IMG_5244.JPG
IMG_5251.JPG
 

Attachments

Vertigo is finally done! Here R a zillion pics. On the last one, I omitted the Y connector for the batts.
IMG_5312.JPG
IMG_5281 (2).JPG
IMG_5304.JPG
IMG_5327 (2).JPG
IMG_5323.JPG
 

Attachments