• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sky Surfer 2000 - Bixler killer?

Airwolf

When HK released Bixler 2 I tought I've found the FPV platform I was looking for... far from it.

Last weekend I saw the Sky Surfer 2000.

Check out how does it compare to the fuselage of the Pelikan Beta 1400 (which is basically a bixler-sized plane):

Wing size comparsion:

Fuselage internals:

And that's how it looks in flight:

What's more - the 2400 version is available too - yup, that's 1 m larger wingspan than the original Sky Surfer, original Bixler etc!!!
http://www.bananahobby.com/super-sky-surfer.html

Last edited:

Rcplaneguy

Minnesota Flyer
Wow, thanks for sharing... I do think this is a good (and big) contender against the bixler, hawk sky, etc. I love the glider like landing gear and how it supports the carbon spar and the heart of the fuselage, this could carry much more FPV and Camera gear without a problem, the only downside is that the inside of the fueselage has less room compared to the bixler because of the extra support...

Carbon

Elemental Madness
Yup! I am looking into it.
I'm still trying to decide between a skysurfer, super skysurfer, skywalker, or Finwing penguin.
You might have heard that the Raptor isn't going to work. When you add weight it becomes super unstable.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I wish I was in the US. That monster would be on its way right now... $221.95 shipped to Australia for the ARF

Last edited: