Slope soaring sites in the Inland Empire So Ca

alpea 41

I keep screwng up and bad key stroaking this post into the forgotten world of lost stuff. Heres my 3rd attempt.
I was thrilled to meet and talk with the FT crew at the AMA Expo last week-end.
All you folks are great and interesting to talk to about our wonderful hobby. Of course the Joshes are the out front guys and the I hate to say it the stars of the show.
Josh S. Was terribly ill. You could tell he was going to be sick as a dog soon or attending a funeral as the star of that show.
Hes a trooper though and met me said hello and stood there thinking how much he wanted to be home in bed while half listening to my dribble of admiration that is the usuall from his fans. But when he heard me say the words slope soaring it was like a miracle cure. He looked 100% better turned total concentration towards me and said you have slope sites around here?
Im tellin ya it was comical and I woulda busted up laughingand drawn attention to what just happened but I knew my time was short and I also knew that this half dead person standing in front of me was a sloaper.
And you others know what Im talkin about.Yes I said epic site and epic weather conditions for it spring and summer.

alpea 41

Phew glad I got that on paper.
I next quickly explained the weather conditions for our epic conditions which are. So Ca at 35 degrees N .lat is a Medtteranian climate.I think thats what they call it. Basically a desert on the coast next to an ocean. So all day the sun warms up the desert inland from the coast causing the air above it to rise .This causes the cooler air over the water to flow towards the areas where the rising air left a empty space. Sea breeze is what they call it. In my area 40 mi.East of the Pacific it starts about 2 in the afternoon and can blow till 12 mid night. And spring summer its as dependable as , everybody wants to talk to the celebrity. And he got called away

alpea 41

Heres my home hill 4 mi away and good for southwest winds and medium conditions .In 8 to 15 MPH winds. Its an arroyo canyon of about 500ft

https://youtu.be/l0I12QvXQnk
Im still a newb at this site and having trouble up loading pics. So my threads will get better be patient

Last edited:

alpea 41

I have hundreds of videos at You Tube of sloping at my home hill. All of them untittled. But use the dates between 2152014 and 6 30 2014 thats when I was most active. My You Tube name is also alpea 41. R/CGroups user Leadfeather (designer of Super Mario sky cart) says my hill is his favorite site. He loves light lift is an amazing slope pilot. Comes from Kansas to work in Ca.and when hes here he visits water tank hill often. I have a vid of him launching off his head.

That site is called Sierra Drive Hiking Trail ,Chino Hills Ca. Its about 35 mi east of LA

alpea 41

All you people stuck in cold winter climates are gonna envy our mild winter weather here in So Ca. That video above was taken about 330 in the afternoon yesterday. The temp was about 80.
Today it was overcast and cooler and no afternoon on shore breeze came up..

I do hope you are feeling better J.S.

This site is being troublesome to get the feel for on my Galaxy S 5 . Im on my desk top right now and it has the dreaded adware virus that keeps opening the pop ups for computer repair sites ,. Duh what a joke . if you know what Im talking about Im sure you're shaking your head . I've gotten the guy with the thick Indian accent three times on the phone and told him I use this P C to play on line poker for play money and blog on model airplane web sites. I have no money to pay him to go away and leave me alone or for him to protect from him stealing it. He musta got mad and turned up the juice cuz Poker Stars started crawling horribly slowly.
Lets see if I have any pics on this P C

Last edited:

alpea 41

Doc Robs first glider was a Gentle Lady. He didnt make it to the AMA Expo but when I told him what the people of FT had done to the introduction of modeling to kids program he also thought it was a big step forward from what it used to be.

alpea 41

So I guess you people arent impressed in the least, nobodies commented and this site is not mobile friendly with my Galaxy s5. So Im gonna sign off and continue to post my rc stuff at r c groups at Chino Renegades R C Fliers Club. You can find me there. So long Flite test.