slope soaring

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
If you want to try something even cheaper, but go through a similar process you could do what i did on my 1/7th f-100. Same basic process but instead of expensive fiberglass and epoxy you can use brown kraft paper (craft paper?) and some watered down white glue.
when you say white glue is that wood glue?

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
when you say white glue is that wood glue?
Yeah white elmers glue. I mean you could use any of those wood glues, but they are probably way more expensive.
1615910146842.png

thenated0g

Mentor
Do you do any slope soaring down at the south end of South Africa? Hermanus is on my bucket list.

thenated0g

Mentor
lol 15hr drive. nope. Like my top 10 slope soaring videos are all from hermanus. I recently picked up a little slope hawk by Anton Benning from down there. Its epp. He also does some pretty amazing molded Hawks that alofthobbies should be selling soon. I got to see one in the store the last time i was there. Its pretty amazing, the detail, like you can see the rivets in the model.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
lol 15hr drive. nope. Like my top 10 slope soaring videos are all from hermanus. I recently picked up a little slope hawk by Anton Benning from down there. Its epp. He also does some pretty amazing molded Hawks that alofthobbies should be selling soon. I got to see one in the store the last time i was there. Its pretty amazing, the detail, like you can see the rivets in the model.
in SOUTH AFRICA?

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
ooh yea it sure looks like a lovely place to soar

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
Anton used to live in south africa, he lives in germany now, but only sells to south africa unless its a big lot of planes. Alofthobbies is just a few minutes north of san francisco but is now selling planes by anton.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS1S8-oO5a-7BjB_XDimBwr-8zBrfufgQ
https://www.facebook.com/AB-Models-560086364013260/
cool sorry i didn't reply last night.. but this is why
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_African_energy_crisis
aka the government does not now how to not accept bribes

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
lol we get power outages all summer here in northern california. Stupid fires.
natural reasons whenever it rains here.. no power... small lightning bolt... no power... load shedding.. no power... someone forgets that loadshedding is over for the day and doesn't turn power back on.. no power...
we have been out for 9 days beacuse the one power line pole fell over in a distribution station and blew the whole thing up

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
@Matthewdupreez you can go super easy on it for starters. My 8ft wing is just hot wire cut foam with some fishing wire and a 4s battery by hand, sand it down a little, add some spackle to make it a nice surface. Than fiberglass on top and epoxy. After that spray paint or like i did put some vinyl down for color. Probably heavier than it needs to be but flies great. Sanding and spackle hide a ton of mistakes.
hmmm do you have any pictures?