Snoopy's doghouse ^_^

Wow. Good job on the project! Stay near your phone. Flitetest will be calling you soon - I bet you and Snoopy will be featured in an upcoming FT video. (y)

Piotrsko

Master member
You do realize that Snoopy has never successfully landed, right? Except possibly on Christmas eve when the baron forced him down behind enemy lines then allowed him to escape.

How roll twitchy is it, as I see you only going left which implies torque turns and it's short aspect ratio.

Grymlock73

You do realize that Snoopy has never successfully landed, right? Except possibly on Christmas eve when the baron forced him down behind enemy lines then allowed him to escape.

How roll twitchy is it, as I see you only going left which implies torque turns and it's short aspect ratio.

Hahaha! You make a good point! :)

The torque does pull it left but I've managed to counter that with the rudder trimmed right. It was fairly windy that day when we shot the aerial video and Snoops handled it really well, very stable and surprisingly not too twitchy with my expo at 25% on pitch and roll. A friendly face at the field explained to me that Snoopy probably provides a great deal of stabilization to help with that. :) In my early tests without Snoopy, he was near uncontrollable. Now that he's pretty dialed in, I'm going to try push him to see how acrobatic he can get. Will update with my findings!

Last edited:

Grymlock73

I love that! It looks perfect! It looks cartoony because the lack of wings. Nice editing as well.

Thank you! I really wanted to keep the proportions as true to the comic/cartoon as possible but wasn't sure if it was even remotely possible without stabilization or multiple rotors. I took a lot of inspiration from all the designs I found on the web. ^_^

I was hoping to make one that was simple to build and was light on the electronics. I'm considering building one that is a pusher and removing the rudder to make it ultralight and that way I can just catch him for landings. :-D

Piotrsko

Master member
To my 50 year knowledge I have seen only successful tractor configuration snoopy possibly due to fuel powered requirements and lack of decent pusher glow engines.. not saying it can't be done.