Help! Spektrum X-Plus OpenTX

Battery800

Elite member
Hey, so I just got an ar9020 with the X Plus 8 module expansion thing. I am currently using a radiomaster tx16s running opentx. my question is if I can use the 8 channel expander, and if I can, how?
5F1619F5-BD07-4D46-9893-5369DA2E694A.jpeg

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
Hey, so I just got an ar9020 with the X Plus 8 module expansion thing. I am currently using a radiomaster tx16s running opentx. my question is if I can use the 8 channel expander, and if I can, how? View attachment 221967
No reason you cant i would say just bind it as a normal reciver and figure out how to use the extra 8 channels for something cool

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
I've recently watched something similar using two X series FRsky receivers on YouTube, but not sure if it would work with Spektrums. I would sell the Spektrums buy two X8R's bind them together instead and eat out at Mc Donalds for the rest of the week with the profit from selling the Spektrum receivers :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:.
In this example it is two X8R receivers and he is using a Taranis but the same principle applies using a TX16s as they both use OpenTx.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Joking apart, I just bought five X6R 6ch receivers for £111 ( $146 approx), they have full duplex telemetry built in and can be expanded via the SPORT to take additional external telemetry modules. They also come with 16ch Sbus, which is ideal for those using flight controllers etc.
Compare that with what you pay for a Spektrum receivers, its a no brainer if your using a multiprotocol transmitter like the TX16s.

Battery800

Elite member
Joking apart, I just bought five X6R 6ch receivers for £111 ( $146 approx), they have full duplex telemetry built in and can be expanded via the SPORT to take additional external telemetry modules. They also come with 16ch Sbus, which is ideal for those using flight controllers etc.
Compare that with what you pay for a Spektrum receivers, its a no brainer if your using a multiprotocol transmitter like the TX16s.
oh I bought them used and with satellites for about the same price