Super Cub Tube-O-Fun bomb drop mod

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Nice one teach... You inspired me to straighten out the wing on my Tuff Trainer and add a simple bomb drop mechanism...

earthsciteach

Oh, and to address the issue of my intended target being mad about all of this, I'm talking about harassing a guy who, last year, would regularly bring in HUGE industrial sized rolls of cellophane rap. He would randomly, yet regularly completely wrap this one teacher's Ford F-150 extended cab. He probably would only have done it one time had the truck owner not gotten a bit bent out of shape about it.

One of his favorite little tricks to do to me while I am flying is to glide his Sky Surfer silently from behind me and nail the throttle no more than 2 feet above my head. So, if this pisses him off, it actually will make the whole thing funnier. I can then tease him for being a baby about it. God, I love my friends!

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
This sounds exactly like my friends. If one of us crashes and has to go out on the gym floor to recover our plane, everyone else immediately dive bombs him with our ultra micros. Ryan and I tend to buzz each other while flying anyway. I bent down to pick up my 4-Site last year and he ran his micro T-28 from my neck all the way down my back like a runway. I laughed so hard I could barely stand up and he laughed so hard he crashed. Bet he couldn't do it again in a million years.

earthsciteach

Yep! We were chasing each other the other day with toilet paper taped to our planes. He hit mine and we both started laughing so hard that we both crashed. He crashed into my car.

earthsciteach

The tube is on the Cub. I smoked tested it and it works! Maybe I'll give it a real test later today. I'm about to start on the wing "hard points" now.

Attachments

• Cub with Tube1.jpg
    Cub with Tube1.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Cub with Tube2.jpg
    Cub with Tube2.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 46

earthsciteach

Wing hard points

The wing racks are done. These are capable of holding 12 Nerf darts per wing. The racks will be held on by rare earth magnets, therefore easily removable. Release is via a servo holding a rubber band across the darts. The other end of the rubber band will be attached to the wing strut attachment point. I don't use the struts since flattening the wing. Nothing left to do but test it out, now!

Attachments

• Hard Points.jpg
    Hard Points.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Wing load out.jpg
    Wing load out.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 35

Fishbonez

Looking good Teach. Cant wait to see the ednd result. I love the idea of shrink wrap the F150...LOL Pranks are so awesome.

RCD

After seeing your bomb drop, i decided to build my own! :D I put it on my Fenix 150 because it can carry a heavy load. It is just simply made out of foam board. I use one strip of Velcro so i can easily remove it. THe door opens up when the servo arm is moved 180* and the cargo's weight causes it to fall through. It is just big enough to hold 3 golf balls. THe bomb drop is very effective and light weight! I hope you all like it! :D 0304121804.jpg 0304121804a.jpg 0304121804b.jpg 0304121806a.jpg 0304121806.jpg

Last edited:

earthsciteach

Looking good Teach. Cant wait to see the ednd result. I love the idea of shrink wrap the F150...LOL Pranks are so awesome.

That's mild for "the target." He has some good stories. One involves having convinced a night club owner he flew into town to consider buying the club and drinking for free all night. Another involves him deciding it would be a good idea to swim in the Susquehanna River in the wee hours in the morning in February. Suffice to say, wet clothes only hinder a person when you want to walk home afterward.

Fishbonez

RCD that is a cool idea I just might try that one myself
That's mild for "the target." He has some good stories. One involves having convinced a night club owner he flew into town to consider buying the club and drinking for free all night. Another involves him deciding it would be a good idea to swim in the Susquehanna River in the wee hours in the morning in February. Suffice to say, wet clothes only hinder a person when you want to walk home afterward.
LOL I will have to remeber the night club trick

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Dude- Your gonna need bigger wheels ;)

Are the nerf darts gonna be rubberbanded? or what is your release mechanism.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
After seeing you bomb drop, i decided to build my own! :D I put it on my Fenix 150 because it can carry a heavy load. It is just simply made out of foam board. I use one strip of Velcro so i can easily remove it. THe door opens up when the servo arm is moved 180* and the cargo's weight causes it to fall through. It is just big enough to hold 3 golf balls. THe bomb drop is very effective and light weight! I hope you all like it! :D

Golf Balls! OUCH! And the guys I fly with start flinching everytime my Supecub flies over :)
They'd REALLY hate me if I started dropping golf balls on them ;)

RCD

Golf Balls! OUCH! And the guys I fly with start flinching everytime my Supecub flies over :)
They'd REALLY hate me if I started dropping golf balls on them ;)

I just use the golf balls for precision bombing. I wouldn't dare drop them on a person! Lol

earthsciteach

Ninja, I'm not rollin' on 50's like you. Mine are merely 2-3/4".

Yep, the darts, and whatever else I can stick under the wings, will be held on by a rubber band. That is attached at one end to the strut attachment point and a servo on the other. The servo arm will hold the rubber band in place until activated. Then the arm will rotate and the rubber band slips off.