T-7A Red Hawk

leaded50

Legendary member
Boeing - Saab is making the days jettrainer for US pilots. With the paint scheme as the Red Hawk it looks fabolous.

I had a 70mm EDF laying here unused..who could take the 22V, and when making the build i did it around its size, not the plane it self...so now im "stuck" with close to a 900mm long T-7A version with a EDF who for sure gonna give it speed........ Happy ive reinforced much!

2880px-Boeing_T-7_Red_Hawk_USAF_publicity_photo.jpg

Last edited:

cyclone3350

Master member
I like what U did for the intakes. I am working on an EDF with a similar layout. The motor in the middle & drawing air from the sides. I think I'm gonna try what U did with DTFB & do something like that myself. Did U 3D the cheater hole vent on top? I am doing the same, but found the Freewing F-16 just happens to fit mine. Lucked out, but I think it's time to invest in a printer myself.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Neat, might there be plans for this one day? The Red Hawk is one of my favorite planes of the last few decades, and I want to add this to my 7.4 mile long build list. Good luck with the build!

leaded50

Legendary member
I like what U did for the intakes. I am working on an EDF with a similar layout. The motor in the middle & drawing air from the sides. I think I'm gonna try what U did with DTFB & do something like that myself. Did U 3D the cheater hole vent on top? I am doing the same, but found the Freewing F-16 just happens to fit mine. Lucked out, but I think it's time to invest in a printer myself.
- its cut opening in side of fuselage as big as inside of the intakes, back to the EDF. Cheater hole is 3Dprint yes. Freewing ones is good too, ive used it on other plane, but got a crash on my printer now,and new i suppose it gets close to a week? to wait...... plan is to make cheaterhole under too.( even if remember my L-133 Starjet build with just cheaterhole under, its sucked the plane to the ground, when no undercarriage). Even if i made the intakes a bit bigger then orginally on the T7-A , its not enough.

@Ryan O. , not sure yet, i made some parts drawed, so i suppose some day plans can happend, if not the whole plane disappear on first flights..

Last edited:

SSgt Duramax

I have a DTFB plane with that similar lay out as well. When I run up my F-106 the entire fuselage sucks in. I think I may need some cheater holes (although the intake is technically large enough). But my fuselage is huge and one layer of foam thick. I may have needed to stick a couple of formers or something in there but it is a bit late now. Something to keep in mind depending the distance from the engine inlet to the fan. Although, on my plane the fan is probably a good 2 feet from the inlets, something 3D printed would have been nice, but maybe too heavy.

I didn't know "real models" like the freewings used cheaters too. Now I don't feel as bad cutting them in mine.

- its cut opening in side of fuselage as big as inside of the intakes, back to the EDF. Cheater hole is 3Dprint yes. Freewing ones is good too, ive used it on other plane, but got a crash on my printer now,and new i suppose it gets close to a week? to wait...... plan is to make cheaterhole under too.( even if remember my L-133 Starjet build with just cheaterhole under, its sucked the plane to the ground, when no undercarriage). Even if i made the intakes a bit bigger then orginally on the T7-A , its not enough.

@Ryan O. , not sure yet, i made some parts drawed, so i suppose some day plans can happend, if not the whole plane disappear on first flights..
Looks good! I may need to do a cheater hole myself. Is that a .stl that you found, or did you design it? I thought about doing the cheater hole on the bottom, but I don't like any inlets on the bottom. The EDFs on the Mig have chewed up their fair share of grass and dirt. I had never even thought of it creating negative pressure under the plane. The opposite of lift lol.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
cheater was found on thingreverse. Yes , my L-133 sucked so much to the floor it barely moved with cheater holes just at bottom, i spoose its best as grasseater........... there too i gonna block them and open up some cheaters on top.