The bad news is I lost my plane, the good news I finished a skin for the Bushwacker and I want to share it.

LundiThembi

The Bad news:
I've been flying for about two months, on vacation in New Mexico and brought my Simple Cub. I'm not a strong flyer in the wind so I get started early. I'm at the base of three hills, almost no wind, the plane got high and got caught in a current. I tried and tried, it got smaller and smaller...a slow-motion train wreck. I looked for four hours, I'm out $3 in foam board and $80 in electronics. The funny thing is I ordered a RTH controller yesterday, I jinxed myself! Good thing I brought extra foam board and electronics, I'll be back in the air tomorrow.

The Good news:
This community has been so incredibly helpful I want to share the skin I finished last night for a Bushwacker. I was learning how to use Inkscape as I was making it, it isn't perfect, it needs more detail, let me know what you think. It is not my design, I saw a picture of a bush plane on the web with the paint scheme and thought it looked pretty cool. Please use it, I would love to see some builds. If you see any mistakes or have suggestions on how to improve, please let me know.

Attachments

• Bushwacker Skin, v1.pdf
    118.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Something like that starts happening again, best thing to do in my opinion would be just hit down elevator and purposely nosedive it. Sure you might be out an airframe and a prop, but 80 dollars of electronics are worth more in a smashed airplane than in a lost airplane.

Piotrsko

Master member
The proper time honored* way is full up and full turn, either left or right any setup. Full up stalls everything so no wing damage, full turn makes it either spin or dutch roll so no going back up. Full down breaks things rather fast unless you have massive pitch authority inverted.

* from about 1920 forward. Really useful in the San Joaquin valley on foggy mornings

LundiThembi

Thanks for the tips! I've been out for the last three days, couple of hours at a shot looking for it...can't seem to let it go!