The Champ is dead, long live the _________

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
I managed to destroy my Champ S+ body last night. I'm not that torn up about it since I have a Simple Cub built and another on the bench but I'm wondering what's next for the Champ body. I think I can build a profile Warbird for about 1/10 the price of the Champ's body using foam board sans paper. I'm thinking P-40 with a 24" wing but I'm open to suggestions.

ItMightFly

Ouch! I hate crashing things!

A P-40 would be neat! Are you going to build it from plans, or make your own?

Make sure you show us what you decide to build! And show pictures of the final results! We love to see this kind of stuff.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
I think I'm going to just print off a couple of line drawings and scale them to match the wingspan of the Champ. I don't know how/if that radio will work without the GPS module so I'll probably add it into the wing. I think the body could be three or four layers of foam board (tapered) with no paper and the center board hollowed out to fit the electronics. Wings from shaped foam board and tail surfaces from foam dinner plates or bowls. Seems like a good candidate for paint by sharpie. I also found a neat 3 view of a cartoon P-40 so that is also a possibility.