The "Cuda Para-noia"

mudman1959

What do you get when you Double your pleasure with the "Cuda"? Well if your Laine Stahr... http://www.lainesplanes.com/ you get a plane with twice the power and twice the fun.

Let me introduce you to the "Para Cuda", it's not released yet... soon. paracuda.png

And the first Maiden flight went good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6yshlwpsUY

He has it running on two 4S batteries with individual ESC's so... Differential Thrust is an option that is available, and with Laine it's mandatory!

Well... I have already built the "Cuda", I called mine the "Cuda wanna Bee" Planes.jpg

So... the next upgrade was to build the "Para Cuda". I'm calling mine the "Cuda Para-noia" just for fun. It's built in the FT style just like my "Cuda wanna Bee" is and the wing is again the "Versa" wing built backwards for a Forward Swept Wing. I used a aluminum arrow shaft in the wing as I plan for this on to hit "Warp" speed. Looking at using two Turnigy 3648-1450 motors which put out around 1600 watts on a 6S turning a 7x5 APC. I have it for the most part all together and need to come up with a color scheme for it. It's completely covered in clear packing tape for strength and durability. Hope to have it up and flying for the "CIFI" Flyin in Saranac Michigan for the 4th. of July weekend. Take a look at Laines goodies on his store page... Mudman1959

Attachments

• IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2391.JPG
    IMG_2391.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2401.JPG
    IMG_2401.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

PHugger

Church Meal Expert
Lane was talking about it on this week's Feb 25 podcast - More Cowbell
http://thecrashcast.com/
He got the first one built and in the air - 128mph on 4s.
He did describe some mixing issues resulting in powered flat spins, but it did pretty well.

Best regards,
PCH

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
It's really a sharp design, I'm waiting for the right opportunity to "accidently" buy one of his kits, but the wife has been noticing my recent purchases so it may be a few months...!

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very cool! Can't wait to see video of this one! I bought a 26" Cuda kit but haven't started the build yet. Thinking about asking Laine to cut a second body and the middle section and going for the crazy model.... then again, I definately need a lot more flying practice before I get anything that fast up in the air...

mudman1959

"Cuda wana BEE" UPDATE 04/07/2016

Colors are on and the electronics are going in... Mudman1959

Watch the video for a test of one of the motors going in the Cuda Para-noia... It is Crazy Power!

Attachments

• IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2486(1).JPG
    IMG_2486(1).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2487.JPG
    IMG_2487.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Ho-ly cow-patties. That's some scary power right there. Fun to see, but I think I'll stay in my comfortable 3 cell world for a little longer. :)

mactek

That is pretty cool. I watched the maiden flight of Laines para cuda and it was sick. Do you have any plans to build your version of the cuda or at least some dimensions you went with.

mudman1959

Same dimensions as my Cuda wanna Bee but with a 10 inch wing center section and another fuselage... the wing is essentially the Versa wing built in reverse and carbon fiber rods for additional support...
IMG_1165.JPG IMG_1166.JPG IMG_1760.JPG IMG_1761.JPG IMG_1763.JPG IMG_1764.JPG IMG_1765.JPG IMG_1766.JPG IMG_1767.JPG IMG_1768.JPG IMG_1769.JPG IMG_1770.JPG IMG_1771.JPG

mudman1959

I used a lot of TLAR when I built both of these... no plans, sorry. And if your asking what TLAR is... well its "That Looks About Right"

Mudman1959

mactek

I used a lot of TLAR when I built both of these... no plans, sorry. And if your asking what TLAR is... well its "That Looks About Right"

Mudman1959

Thanks i might have to build me one of those. I will use some TLAR when i build mine. How does yours fly.

mudman1959

Sponz... Not yet.... :( My Launcher broke a arm when I was at the CIFI Flyin in July and I have not repaired it yet. I did get to Fly my Cuda wanna Bee with the new power system in it. Same motor as what's in the Cuda Para-noia. No one was brave enough or crazy enough after they heard it run to toss it for me... Someday I hope... Mudman1959