The Flite Test Hot Glue Gun?

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
During the live build there was a mention of a new glue gun like the Adtech, but with a few features like a dial for temperature, not a switch. I haven't heard anything since then, but I was wondering. Will it be released soon, or has it been delayed? Thanks.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
My guess is that it will be delayed. FT has a lot of things going on right now, even without this Covid-19 mess. Their pnp line, their micro line, their ez packs... and the master series that they keep pushing out planes on. They also have to make lots of decisions about flitefest and work from home, so I can’t say I’d expect anything soon.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
My guess is that it will be delayed. FT has a lot of things going on right now, even without this Covid-19 mess. Their pnp line, their micro line, their ez packs... and the master series that they keep pushing out planes on. They also have to make lots of decisions about flitefest and work from home, so I can’t say I’d expect anything soon.
:cry::cry::cry: This really sucks doesn't it.

I hope they get back to work soon!

twotto

I think I have the latter, with the interesting nozzle choices. When left unattended it drips hot glue from the nozzle. It’s best to keep a piece of scrap foam to catch the drips.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I think I have the latter, with the interesting nozzle choices. When left unattended it drips hot glue from the nozzle. It’s best to keep a piece of scrap foam to catch the drips.
does it have the same problem I hear about some Adtech pro-200's, where if it is left without use it has some problems with glue leaking out off the rubber collar for the heat chamber?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I've got an Adtech, and I gotta be honest, I don't like it. Personal preference, mind you, but I have to keep pulling the trigger constantly to get glue to flow in a long run. I have a Dewalt glue gun that i like better because i don't have to keep repeatedly pulling the trigger to get glue to flow. For a long bead run (say, on a wing that I'm having to glue for a fold) I only have to pull the trigger 3-4 times for a good amount of glue. The Adtech, I may have to do it 15-20 times for the same length.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work - the Adtech glue gun DOES work. I just don't like it as much.

Also, my Adtech has different nozzle tips, but honestly? I don't ever use the different tips because it's kind of a pain to change them out. You have to get the glue gun hot to get any glue out of the nozzle so that you can unscrew it and switch it out, which means that if you have a stick loaded, you'll get a glob running out when you take the nozzle tip off.

It's a neat idea, but in practice, you'll find that you'll put one specific tip on and then never change it again.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I've got an Adtech, and I gotta be honest, I don't like it. Personal preference, mind you, but I have to keep pulling the trigger constantly to get glue to flow in a long run. I have a Dewalt glue gun that i like better because i don't have to keep repeatedly pulling the trigger to get glue to flow. For a long bead run (say, on a wing that I'm having to glue for a fold) I only have to pull the trigger 3-4 times for a good amount of glue. The Adtech, I may have to do it 15-20 times for the same length.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work - the Adtech glue gun DOES work. I just don't like it as much.

Also, my Adtech has different nozzle tips, but honestly? I don't ever use the different tips because it's kind of a pain to change them out. You have to get the glue gun hot to get any glue out of the nozzle so that you can unscrew it and switch it out, which means that if you have a stick loaded, you'll get a glob running out when you take the nozzle tip off.

It's a neat idea, but in practice, you'll find that you'll put one specific tip on and then never change it again.
Your experience reminds me of changing out 3d printer nozzles, it takes forever, and slowly damages the heat block. I think I'll have to entirely replace mine in a year.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I have the pro 200 and I like it. It does have a drip issue but only for the first minute when you turn it on. After that it never drips. (It can be solved by pulling the glue stick out a little when heating up the glue gun) Also, occasionally for the first couple minutes you start using it, the glue sometimes is kinda stiff and has trouble coming out. I haven’t figured the issue completely yet but I think it might be due to a little glue back-squirting if you try to force it out before it’s hot enough or after it’s cooled down slightly. That also plays a role to the dripping as well probably - creates pressure that gradually releases glue as it warms up. All in all it’s a great glue gun IMHO. I like mine a lot and it sure beats the old $5 walmart glue gun! :ROFLMAO:

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
I have the pro 200 and I like it. It does have a drip issue but only for the first minute when you turn it on. After that it never drips. (It can be solved by pulling the glue stick out a little when heating up the glue gun) Also, occasionally for the first couple minutes you start using it, the glue sometimes is kinda stiff and has trouble coming out. I haven’t figured the issue completely yet but I think it might be due to a little glue back-squirting if you try to force it out before it’s hot enough or after it’s cooled down slightly. That also plays a role to the dripping as well probably - creates pressure that gradually releases glue as it warms up. All in all it’s a great glue gun IMHO. I like mine a lot and it sure beats the old $5 walmart glue gun! :ROFLMAO:
My glue gun I used for everything until recently was literally a $6 Menards glue gun. I think I'm going to get the Steinel Gluefix 3002 https://store.flitetest.com/steinel-gluefix-3002-hotmelt-glue-applicator-stn-3002/p969071