The moan post

basslord1124

Master member
Wow, our club does not have any sort of rules/tests like that. We are all just care free dudes pretty much. When you want to join, you fill out the application, pay your dues, and club members hold a meeting (without the new member present) to see if all are in favor of a new member. In my 3-4 years of being there, I have never seen them turn away a newbie. Only exception is if there was someone that they knew who was disruptive, caused problems, etc. And like I said, I have yet to see that.

At the club there are some old guys a little set in their ways, but most tend to embrace anything that flies.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Um, well, I agree, but part of me thinks I should differ, but you're right, but I don't want to be called a fool... rock and a hard place!
Forgot to add this yesterday. You stated that "you didn't want to be called a fool".
However, I bet you didn't know in English castles the Fool was considered an important member of the household and the second highest paid member of the Royal staff, coming only second to the Royal arse wiper.
This isn't a joke either, there where Royal arse wiper's and they where the highest paid servants. To be honest, no amount of money would have ever encouraged me to wipe the arse of Henry the eighth.
Just a bit of trivia for you.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Forgot to add this yesterday. You stated that "you didn't want to be called a fool".
However, I bet you didn't know in English castles the Fool was considered an important member of the household and the second highest paid member of the Royal staff, coming only second to the Royal arse wiper.

If I'm not getting the pay, then I don't want the title!

Flightspeed

Convicted Necroposter
This isn't a joke either, there where Royal arse wiper's and they where the highest paid servants. To be honest, no amount of money would have ever encouraged me to wipe the arse of Henry the eighth.
I almost died🤣🤣🤣

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Time to moan.
I gave up my job as a Process Engineer several years ago, so I could coast along to retirement in a stress free environment. As I was still relatively young (coughs loudly :giggle:), I decided that I still needed another job. As a means of bringing in some additional income to help pass a few years until I could take my pensions.
I eventually took a job as a security officer working on night shifts, no stress nice and quite. I also have plenty of spare time to read, indulge in hobbies like playing guitar, building planes or talking :poop: on forums.
After my 12 hour shift, I would go home and sleep for a few hours then get up to a quiet house and again indulge myself in food, coffee and my hobbies. It was an idyllic life style with loads of spare time to myself, in which I could indulge in the pleasures of life.
Not any more :mad::mad::mad:
My wife, who I might add is 12 years younger than me (who I expected to continue working long after I retired), decided she was sick of her job and submitted her resignation last week.
From the 1st of January she is now planning to work from home, where she will be undertaking a full time Therapy business.
So not only will I have lost all my me time, I will have to contend with strangers appearing for treatments and having to remain quiet during the said treatments.
If that isn't bad enough, until she starts to get regular clients in for treatment. I will be the main wage earner, which means no surplus funds for buying model planes and RC gear.
What have I done to deserve this :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Marzipan

Time to moan.
I gave up my job as a Process Engineer several years ago, so I could coast along to retirement in a stress free environment. As I was still relatively young (coughs loudly :giggle:), I decided that I still needed another job. As a means of bringing in some additional income to help pass a few years until I could take my pensions.
I eventually took a job as a security officer working on night shifts, no stress nice and quite. I also have plenty of spare time to read, indulge in hobbies like playing guitar, building planes or talking :poop: on forums.
After my 12 hour shift, I would go home and sleep for a few hours then get up to a quiet house and again indulge myself in food, coffee and my hobbies. It was an idyllic life style with loads of spare time to myself, in which I could indulge in the pleasures of life.
Not any more :mad::mad::mad:
My wife, who I might add is 12 years younger than me (who I expected to continue working long after I retired), decided she was sick of her job and submitted her resignation last week.
From the 1st of January she is now planning to work from home, where she will be undertaking a full time Therapy business.
So not only will I have lost all my me time, I will have to contend with strangers appearing for treatments and having to remain quiet during the said treatments.
If that isn't bad enough, until she starts to get regular clients in for treatment. I will be the main wage earner, which means no surplus funds for buying model planes and RC gear.
What have I done to deserve this :cry::cry::cry::cry:

this sounds like justification for building a man cave...whether it's a room dedicated to just you or something you build in the back yard. either way, to help fight off the noise, get yourself some wicked awesome headphones and rock on! :devilish:

bisco

Elite member
i have a basement, mrs b has a sewing room. absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

how long until your pensions? we started social security and medicare last year, that's an extra 50 grande for hobbies :giggle:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
this sounds like justification for building a man cave...whether it's a room dedicated to just you or something you build in the back yard. either way, to help fight off the noise, get yourself some wicked awesome headphones and rock on! :devilish:
Like your train of thought there. The guy next door has done just that, he built an awesome big wooden shed which he uses for his joinery business and storing his pit bikes. He has a toilet, sink, wood burner stove etc I regularly here him listening to his music too while he works.
My problem is the garden is my wife's domain, as is her therapy room (which use to be my cinema room, large screen tv and 5.1 surround sound). There is no way I can build anything out there, as it will spoil her garden and her view across the fields.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
i have a basement, mrs b has a sewing room. absence makes the heart grow fonder :)

how long until your pensions? we started social security and medicare last year, that's an extra 50 grande for hobbies :giggle:

I am 62 in February 2022, I can retire officially when I turn 66 and claim my state pension then.
However, I also have 3 private pensions from my past jobs as a Research Chemist and Process Engineer roles.
I've already taken two smaller pensions and use them to pay for my car each month, its paid off next year so I will have that spare cash each month. That still leaves my largest private pension un-touched, I'm planning to take that at 66.
Fortunately we will be mortgage free by the end of this year, its another reason why my wife has chosen to quit work now and start her own business.
God willing, I will survive long enough to enjoy my retirement and pensions. But most of all I'm looking forward to building more planes and flying every day :) weather permitting.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member

Now that sounds like a great idea, sticking my wife in the basement :unsure:. Where can I buy some chains and handcuffs :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.

Robert S

I'm guessing that the extra pay was to reduce the level of personal danger to them selves as a whole and, to their sensitive bits in particular, while at the mercy of another during a very vulnerable moment. I'm guessing that, if not a movie, the Royal bathers from "Coming to America" would have been the highest paid staff in that house. :)

I'm thankful there are Nurses and home care providers that don't require a royal paycheck to basically do that for those who can not. Those people are Saints.

Last edited:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Now that sounds like a great idea, sticking my wife in the basement :unsure:. Where can I buy some chains and handcuffs :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:.
Evidently Amazon really does sell everything.....

*cough* *cough* are we working past the edges of family/child friendly here? ....

I didn't expect to see anything like this here unless it was a spam bot.

Last edited:

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Not had a good moan in ages, but this one I had to vent my spleen over.
I was just watching the FT Duster build video earlier, just as a refresher before I start the building in the coming weeks. After it finished I scrolled down to where the free plan download use to be. I checked and looked around even in the comments section. I couldn't believe It the free plan download has gone, the link is there but if you open it up all you get is a post by someone who built a 137% scaled up version, the original plan download isn't there anymore.
I guess I am fortunately as somewhere on one of my hard drives at home, I have a copy which I downloaded saved. Plus if memory serves me right :unsure: I also have a hard copy, which was printed off earlier this year.
Back to the gripe. Why has flight test removed it from the build video ? I thought all existing plans would remain free and it was only the new build releases you would end up paying for ? The video for the Duster was dated 2013 so lets face it its been around longer than some planes on the plans index list ?
The FT Master Series Spitfire for instance was only released only a year ago ? in fact there are 5 of the Master Series plans available on plans index, yet they take the duster off the build video that sucks (n)
Gripe over :mad:.