Thin naze 32 (b) rev 6df FC

jack10525

Hello,

I am starting to build a versacopter. I found a complete v2 kit with a thin naze 32 fc. This fc comes with pre-soldered connectors and plugs. During my build I am following the FT video for the naze. They start out soldering 2 connectors on to the board(which I don't need to do). Once that is done they proceed to flash the fc. Again I'm not able to do this. When I plug in my board I do not have that option. I am only able to connect with com4 and then is goes right into the setup menu. Naze1.png Naze2.png Naze3.png It looks like the fc is already configured.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you need/want to flash the FC you need to put it into bootloader mode. This is done by shorting the 2 boot pads on the FC while plugging in the USB. The easiest way I found to do this is with a pair of metal tweezers.

jack10525

Cool thanks Sean. I'm not sure I need to flash it now. The FC seems to be set up. I'm going to continue my build and see how it goes.

jack10525

Ok so it's not working. I have the naze fc connected according to FT's video. I am using a flysky tx/rx and have the rx connected I think correctly but I get no motor power. It seems like the rx is not giving the esc's a signal. With the fc connected to clean flight I can move the sticks and see them move. If I disconnect the esc with everything else powered I get the motors to spin up but I have no control over them with the tx. Is my rx not compatible? I may have to buy a new rx because the servos connect through the top and most likely will not in the versacopter anyway. Not sure if I should buy a different fc.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you can see that the Rx and Tx are working in cleanflight, then everything should be correct and compatible on that side.

If I disconnect the esc with everything else powered I get the motors to spin up but I have no control over them with the tx.

Not sure what you mean by that. What are you disconnecting and how are you powering things? Please post a couple of pictures with your connections.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
So you have your Rx/Tx talking to the Naze, and the accelerometers seem to be working fine. How are you set up to arm the FC? I'd recommend setting it up on a switch/aux channel.

jack10525

Ok I'm not sure what I did but I could not update the firmware on the naze from the beginning. I finally got it to update through cleanflight. That is all I did. I then connected the fc to the esc's and reciever and am now able to spin up the motors with the tx. I did notice the motors don't all rotate at the same speed. I am going to follow FT's video on setting up the naze board. Maybe the flash loaded some default settings? Little by little I am getting there.

Thank You Sean for the assistance.

jack10525

Ok need some more help. FT naze video doesn't work for me. I do not have the same set up and can't get it to work like theirs. Is there a very basic set up video for naze boards. I keep finding older ones that show betaflight. I am using cleanflight 1.2.4.

jack10525

Still not getting this to work at all. I think I am out of money and patience. Time to throw in the towel. I knew I shoudl have jsust bought a rtf!!!

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
It will be hard to find up to date video's at any given time, as the development of Betaflight and Cleanflight are ongoing - Betaflight in particular at a very rapid pace. What exactly are you having trouble with?