Thinking About Next Plane

Winston1203

and also, does giving a smaller prop on an airplane give it slower flying characteristics?
Because I am thinking about putting a 8x4.5 prop on my simple scout instead of the 9x4.5 prop, I am running off a power pack B, do you think that would work?

Innaviation

does using the B pack give more power or decrease power on both of those planes?
I use a B-pack on all of my Bloody Wonders and I know people have done the same with a Bloody Baron. As far as I am concerned the both give equal power unless you opt to use a A-pack on them in which case their will be a power difference.

Does that answer your question?

danskis

Master member
I second the F22 - full size version - with the KF wing modification. You could probably make 2 of them in the time it would take to make the mini corsair. It will fly on a wide range of motors and ESCs. For motors you could use the B pack - it would fly on the A pack (probably or it might not). Or you can piece it together from non-flite test resources. Also, you only need 2 servos for the F22 and not the 4 they sell you in the B pack
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-sys...ner-airplane/2830-1200kv-outrunner-motor.html
https://sunnyskyusa.com/collections...ky-x2208-brushless-motors?variant=45677812175
https://www.racedayquads.com/collections/emax-motors/products/emax-freestyle-2208-2500kv-motor

Innaviation

and also, does giving a smaller prop on an airplane give it slower flying characteristics?
Because I am thinking about putting a 8x4.5 prop on my simple scout instead of the 9x4.5 prop, I am running off a power pack B, do you think that would work?
I did a test regarding speed differences in using a 9inch or 10inch prop with a bloody wonder (Here's the full video) I those tests generally their was a slight difference between the small one being a bit more stall likely. But the smaller prop is pushed hard on the throttle was able to go a bit faster than bigger prop.

I've run many bigger/smaller prop sizes on planes and since its really only the difference of an inch your scout shouldn't have any trouble with a B-pack. I might even have a higher top speed... If that makes sense

Winston1203

And, the power pack F is the least powerful right? And also, I am considering the double mighty minis pack with the Corsair and the mustang, so I can start with the mustang and progress. Is this a good idea.?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
And, the power pack F is the least powerful right? And also, I am considering the double mighty minis pack with the Corsair and the mustang, so I can start with the mustang and progress. Is this a good idea.?
Yeah, that's a good idea. The mini mustang flies nicely. I flew mine on an F pack on a fairly large 2s battery and I even put a 70 gram camera on top and it still flew great! Here's some footage I got with it:
I have the Mini Corsair SBK but haven't gotten around to building it yet. From what I've heard it's a pretty advanced flyer though. I can't wait to test it out soon though.