Thoughts on the Radian, vs the Bixler?

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So, this thread is four pages long, and although everyone has made really good points, I feel like I am no closer to deciding. Maybe I should setup a poll or something. :D

Joke below:

In the end, they are all good. It's only a matter of what color you like best...

... wait, they are all the same color?

IamNabil

Joke below:

In the end, they are all good. It's only a matter of what color you like best...

... wait, they are all the same color?

Awesome! Oddly enough, I found the Radian Pro is less expensive than the Radian in a few places. The thought of flaps makes me happy, for some reason. Too much time with flight sims, I think. I read a post on RC Universe about someone who uses a DX5e, and maps his flaps to the left stick, and the throttle to the switch, and that seems kind of awesome to me.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
The answer is: You should buy a Radian for ultra calm conditions thermal hunting, an eHawk 1500 for all other gliding and its looks, an AXN as a sporty allrounder that can slope and thermal, the Bixler as a high payload/FPV option that can slope and thermal, a DX8 and a Flysky/Turnigy 9x to make you wonder why you bought the DX8...

That's easy, isn't it?

Personally I think if the eHawk is your goal, you should get a Bixler or AXN, and once you're happy that you're not crashing, get an eHawk before they disappear

KKArioKA

Epoxi Flyer
Yes my friend, go for the bixler and train till you wear the foam out of the wings.

when you can land it where you want - hand grabbing - doing rolls, loops inverted flight ... then its time to move to the ehawk !

IamNabil

I like the way you think! I think I will buy a Bixler/Radian , a Tunigy 9x, and the ehawk, all at once. I will just flip a coin when I am putting things in the shopping cart, and either the Bixler or Radian will win. The problem is I want, and can afford, all of it at once. But I'd like to stay married.

Last edited:

IamNabil

Have any of you looked at the Solo 1500 V-tail? I kinda looks like a Bixler, but with a v-tail. Slightly longer wingspan, and a bit less nose, but otherwise similar.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
Nope. I think that one's fairly new (read unknown), and the Bixler is cheaper (The solo's just dropped in price) and proven. I'm pretty sure they're both made by the same manufacturer though (the clue is in the ESC). The Bixler is also cavernous in the canopy, which is a massive up for people thinking about FPV, where as the Solo looks like it'd suffer the same room issues as the AXN.

The Bixler 2 looks pretty good for both noise reduction (the 1900kv motor in the B1 is super noisy). You can find a few buddy codes around that take about $7 off the Bixler 2 price as well.

IamNabil

I can't seem to decide, but I have a good risk mitigation strategy, I think. This weekend is Eid, and my wife wanted to know what to get me. I gave her a list of a bunch of planes and told her to pick from that list. I hedged my bets by putting a bid on a radian pro at an auction site.

IamNabil

I ordered a Calypso.

flza3000-index-over.jpg

glydr

How many letters do we ge
Looks quite nice. Where do they come from?

G

PS - What is that you are drinking in the profile pic? Starbucks?

IamNabil

It's from New York. :)
It is a Flyzone. It was a bit more expensive than I was planning on, but I found a vendor that would overnight it to me for eleven dollars.
That's sorta misleading. They are shipping it ups ground, but they are only 110 miles away. Adirondak Hobby. Quaint, helpful place out of Saratoga.

IamNabil

Oh, and the coffee is from Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. I used to live in the town where it was roasted.

IamNabil

Well, I got it in. Pictures, and possibly a new thread, to follow! Thanks, Adirondack Train and Hobby!