Too fast?

MrClean

I got my notice of shipment on some connectors,
3 weeks ago.

The key is, try to think ahead and by supplies you will need not what you DO need. If you NEED something. Aloft Hobbies (FrSky), and a bunch of other local sites I can't think to type. Prices are a wee bit higher in some places (aloft is real close though) BUT you'll have it in a couple days.

Royall

Thanks for the info MrC.... Just wish my 20/20 hind sight worked in reverse!! BIG lesson learned. Just wish we had a hobby shop on this island.

Royall

Well, I got reading a little bit about transmitters. I then realized, in my zeal to get everything I felt I needed ordered, I ordered the Turnigy 9X and not the 9XR. About all I know is, there are several updates that have been made to that radio and that it can be updated. Can I get someone to make a list here of the things I can do, should do? I hate it when I have a brain fart and screw up! Probably won't be the last time either! LOL Geez, I hate being a noob!!

BTW... this is the link to the radio I ordered:

http://flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Last edited:

MrClean

The good thing abou8t the 9x and 9xr is when you want to get a Taranis or the next one that FrSky is coming out with, it's basically the same software. Then you'll have the top 2.4 communication system with a fully programmable transmitter and the fore knowledge of how to use it. It's about twice the cost of the 9xR but worth every penny. The PROBLEM with the Taranis is, you DO have to program it.

But who hasn't had to install Windows from time to time? It's easier then that and there are how to videos ta boot.

You're gonna have fun and learn a lot.