Tough Tilt install notes

reracer

I installed my tough tilt today, and I noticed a few things that were not covered in the video.

First, all the servo horns that came with my ES3154 had a raised area on top of the servo horn. It needs to be sanded down to let the servo horn sit flat against the tough tilt, otherwise when you tighten down the locking screw it will cause the servo horn splines to come out of alignment with the tough tilt and cause stress on the servo. See the top picture.

Second, every servo screw I tried also stuck up above top of the servo horn, which would've caused the same situation outlined above. I used a countersink bit to create a very slight pocket in the tough tilt for the screw head to recess into, See the second and third pictures.

Lastly, this servo has metal output splines, so I would recommend putting some loctite on the servo screw.

The way to make sure you have installed the servo horn onto the tough tilt correctly is to check that the bottom of the servo and the bottom of the tough tilt are parallel when resting on the bench.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1370.JPG
    IMG_1370.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1371.JPG
    IMG_1371.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 17

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
"Lastly, this servo has metal output splines, so I would recommend putting some loctite on the servo screw."

Beware that blue loctite eats many plastics for lunch so make sure it does not contact any plastic parts.

Thurmond