Help! Tractor to Pusher?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Is it possible to switch the FT EZ Power Pact from tractor to pusher or vice versa? If so, how?
yes. IIRC you swap both the props (so they pull instead of push) and the sides that the motors go on (so that the yaw control is correct)

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
Yes.
For tractor:
Left motor stays left.
Right motor stays right.
Swap props left to right, right to left.
Always be sure the "nipples" on the props face forward, in the direction of flight.

For pusher (stock configuration):
Left motor stays left.
Right motor stays right.
No prop swap.
Always be sure the "nipples" on the props face forward, in the direction of flight.

(y)

Last edited:

Punkin

Hi everyone, I have a question about the gyro aspect of the EZ V2 controller. If by swapping props around and keeping Left to Left Right to Right etc wont the the Gyro aspect of the control board encourage ie add to any thrust impetus when turbulence affects the direction of flight? I tried a little experiment on a test board and when I twisted right the left engine increased in power effectively encouraging a tighter turn to the right and visa versa. Please be gentle this is my first post.

cjhagemeyer

If you swapped the motors to tractor configuration it shouldn’t affect the gyro, unless you moved the motors to the opposite side, thus making right left and left right. But simply flipping the motors around shouldnt have that effect on the gyro. Check if you have the motors on the correct side for each, and that they are plugged in on the correct side for each, that’s something I’ve done a few times and it doesn’t make for a good flying the plane……

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
EZv2MtrPrp.png

Attachments

• EZV2MtrPropSetup.pdf
    108.5 KB · Views: 0