Transmitter without springs

I did this many years ago with a buddy box, and it was not only fun but educational as well.

You remove the centering springs on the student transmitter and then with the backup of an "instructor" you go fly.

The differences in user experience will astound you. Some pilots, usually the very good ones, will fly around with no difficulty, and even comment that it's no big deal. Other pilots will be unable to fly at all, and that is where the education comes in. Learning that you are flying the sticks and not the plane is an eye opener. Ultimately it relates to flying a plane that is out of trim, because without the springs, there is no trim...

When I did it, it was with a standard trainer plane of the time. I have no idea how it would work with a race copter, or when flying FPV, or with something that is 3D capable.

It might be fun, and make for some good video. It's not pointlessly destructive, and you can usually put the springs back on without too much difficulty.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I might give it a go on a trainer plane. Not on my quad. Ill let you go first on that side of things. :D Although using a sim to try it could be entertaining. I would think it would build some deadly accurate muscle memory at the very least.